Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waypoints, FSD, and the importance of being able to save routes with waypoints as favorites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think that Elon likes to drive himself around using alpha versions of FSD, and in a distinctively-painted Tesla. I have no idea what kind of security arrangements he employs, but I think any competent security advisor would tell him to vary his routes somewhat randomly.

It wouldn't be advisable to have his own FSD choose a predictable route every day. So even though he may not have thought of nav-route control as particularly important. I'd suggest that the ability to modify the route would be to his own benefit and safety.

For most of us we'd like to be able to plan and save routes as already suggested, without having to Intervene at the start of every drive.

So the new Waypoints are welcome. I'd like to save favorite routes and name them. Also perhaps some choices to avoid highways, reduce unprotected left turns, choose more scenic routes for touring, and so on. A randomizer feature for selection of routes isn't really necessary for me, but could be helpful for Elon and some of the wealthier owners.

I think that Elon likes to drive himself around using alpha versions of FSD, and in a distinctively-painted Tesla. I have no idea what kind of security arrangements he employs, but I think any competent security advisor would tell him to vary his routes somewhat randomly.
Are you assuming this - or do you know he does this ?

My guess has been that when he comes to office, he uses FSD to check out the latest build. He doesn't use it all the time - or he probably doesn't even drive himself around all the time.

Are you assuming this - or do you know he does this ?

My guess has been that when he comes to office, he uses FSD to check out the latest build. He doesn't use it all the time - or he probably doesn't even drive himself around all the time.
I see references to it every so often here on the TMC forums. With 5 minutes of searching, this is the best link I found that addresses both points - He commutes himself in a car equipped with alpha FSD and a special prototype paint color.
Elon Musk sporting new deep crimson colour for Giga Berlin on his personal Model S

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
I see references to it every so often here on the TMC forums. With 5 minutes of searching, this is the best link I found that addresses both points - He commutes himself in a car equipped with alpha FSD and a special prototype paint color.
Elon Musk sporting new deep crimson colour for Giga Berlin on his personal Model S
Oh yes, he commutes in his car - what I meant was that he spends so much time outside Bay Area and flies frequently. My guess is he gets chauffeured when he is not commuting to his office in Bay area. He never talks about how the car took him to the airport, for eg.

Given that he divides his time between Austin, Boca Chica, Fremont, Mcgregor, Shanghai, Berlin, Florida, New York, SpaceX, Tesla, Boring Co & Neuralink
The chances of him regularly commenting anywhere at regular times are pretty slim 🤣