Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waze for Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like the Waze for Tesla app has updated. Can anyone point me in the right direction to learn how to identify certain things on this app? You would think it would be easy but I'm finding it's not. For instance: The circle around the arrow that shows my position has another arrow that orbits it. What is that? Also, the red polka-dot areas...What are they? This app shows weather now and I'd like to be able to identify the yellow and green splotches I see. Any help would be appreciated!

Chris Achilles
The Li-Ionium Falcon

It looks like the Waze for Tesla app has updated. Can anyone point me in the right direction to learn how to identify certain things on this app? You would think it would be easy but I'm finding it's not. For instance: The circle around the arrow that shows my position has another arrow that orbits it. What is that? Also, the red polka-dot areas...What are they? This app shows weather now and I'd like to be able to identify the yellow and green splotches I see. Any help would be appreciated!

Chris Achilles
The Li-Ionium Falcon
The red polka dot areas are put there when the "Police Traps (Beta)" is on. Click the gear in lower left corner. Click on Enforcement and you can turn this off. It looks like green is rain, yellow heavier rain.

This web app is great!

The weather radar and wind speed indicator ar unexpthe cited bonus. It is great to have as much situation awareness as a graceful UX will allow. The only downside is the slowness of UX, but we know that is not your fault. I wish Tesla will take some clues here and incorporate many of these features in the next rev of the nav app.

Bravo and many thanks!

It looks like the site is not working again after the recent update. You can view the site, but the arrow for your location and the traffic/police alerts are no longer there. I think this happened in the past. Anyone else seeing this?
Reportedly, a Google Maps update is incompatible with the (old, outdated, decrepit) Tesla browser which is why Waze is not working.
The fix will require an update to the Tesla browser which has been promised "real soon now" for a long time but seems to be a low priority.

Reportedly, a Google Maps update is incompatible with the (old, outdated, decrepit) Tesla browser which is why Waze is not working.
The fix will require an update to the Tesla browser which has been promised "real soon now" for a long time but seems to be a low priority.
Wow, bummer. It was working perfectly for me up until the last Tesla update that installed last night for me. As of this morning, no more alerts.