Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waze [is waze available through native tesla interface?]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm just getting used to the native navigation on my M3, but after using Wayz for many years, I think Wayz is superior by far, from a navigation standpoint. I usually run Wayz in the car, along with Tesla's navigation. Wayz has saved me several times already, just by routing me around accident traffic, etc., that Tesla was completely oblivious to. I don't think you can beat Wayz' realtime user input traffic updates, etc. Tesla has a lot of catching up to as far as I can see. If there is a way I can make it work better, please, do tell.

Maybe I am in the minority here, but I really like the clean design of Tesla maps. It was actually a selling point.
This.

And I've found the traffic routing to every good if not on par with Waze (I suspect they lverage the same underlying google data).

I'd like to see Waze as an option or better yet have the Tesla engineers tap into Waze data for accident/police crowdsourcing in the current excellent, clean nav UI. The factory nav is approximately 4.35 billion times better than I have seen from any other OEM.

Like the maps of the default Tesla, but I end up putting my phone on the charger with Waze running just so I can see traffic and police reportings...etc.

Nice if those crowd sourcing features were in Tesla....so much for progress. Let's hope that changes at some point in the future.

Maybe it’s an Australian limitation but the browser shuts down as soon as I start driving. Teslawaze loads nicely whilst in park but disappears as soon as I move. Strangely enough, I don’t see this mentioned anywhere or is there a browser setting I’m missing?

Reactions: Misterbee