Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waze [is waze available through native tesla interface?]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe it’s an Australian limitation but the browser shuts down as soon as I start driving. Teslawaze loads nicely whilst in park but disappears as soon as I move. Strangely enough, I don’t see this mentioned anywhere or is there a browser setting I’m missing?
Congrats on your first post (after being a member for a year!)

You need an active wifi connection. Connect to your phone's hotspot after putting your car in drive (but, of course, before you start driving). Then re-engage your browser and you're in business.

Oh, and I am surprised no one has mentioned TeslaWaze. Personally not a fan, but you can run it in the browser while driving.
I am a big fan of TeslaWaze and always run it on the main screen browser when I am driving.
Hard to beat the situational awareness of traffic conditions, road hazards, and law enforcement.
(Black=Police visible, Red=Police hiding, Cross hatch=speed trap)

1626550490890.png

Reactions: techlogik
i use the TeslaMirror app to basically mirror my phone screen through the browser. put phone in landscape mode and native Waze works perfectly (and with audio from BT). only downside is you have to keep the phone screen on and it can get quite hot.

Reactions: FlatSix911
i use the TeslaMirror app to basically mirror my phone screen through the browser. put phone in landscape mode and native Waze works perfectly (and with audio from BT). only downside is you have to keep the phone screen on and it can get quite hot.

tbf thats the same with using waze on the phone while wirelessly charging.

Shame we cant use the browser while driving in australia.

Maybe it’s an Australian limitation but the browser shuts down as soon as I start driving. Teslawaze loads nicely whilst in park but disappears as soon as I move. Strangely enough, I don’t see this mentioned anywhere or is there a browser setting I’m missing?

Aus Teslas have browser while driving disabled. In fact until 2019 Australian Teslas had the browser completely disabled.
I got no idea why that is/was as other manufacturers allow browsing while driving in Australia so I do not think its a regulatory issue...
Possibly to avoid bad press in Australia where speed limits/driving is often the playball of politics, particularly if fatalities are involved.

It’s too bad Waze looks so awful. UI designed by a committee.

Doesn’t it work through the web browser?

I don't like the Waze UI either. Better than BMWs which looks very 90s... Google pre 2021 UI and Tesla (which is just the pre 2021 style) are the best imho.
But Waze is not about the UI/map it is all about the reports. Police reports and hazard reports are amazing for long distance drivers.

I don't like the Waze UI either. Better than BMWs which looks very 90s... Google pre 2021 UI and Tesla (which is just the pre 2021 style) are the best imho.
But Waze is not about the UI/map it is all about the reports. Police reports and hazard reports are amazing for long distance drivers.
Totally agree. I drive a few hundred kms daily and the reporting is fantastic. Not just for police and hidden cameras but also cars parked on the side of the road or other hazards

Reactions: FlatSix911