TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

WAZE on Model S?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by ai4px, May 16, 2018.

1. ai4px

ai4px Wes

My MS just did a software update yesterday and honestly I don't know what version it is at this moment... but I tried to run waze on the webbrowser by going to Tesla Traffic Incidents and Information and it locked up the entire UI. I had to reboot it by pressing the scroll wheels. Anyone else have this happen?

2. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

You can check what software version you have by going to the mobile app and scrolling down.

3. BerTX

BerTX Supporting Member

TeslaWaze will be discontinued as of June, 2018 due to Google price increases for developers. So time to find a different solution, anyway.

• Informative x 1
  4. azred

azred Active Member

It amazes me every time I see a thread in which posters are discussing how they use the Web browser. I've had my late 2016 S for 18 months and never have found the browser to be usable. I tried it again a week or so ago after hearing about recent upgrade, but found that it's still the same POS that loads at the speed of a 1990s dial up modem -- if at all. How are you guys able to use it for Waze, which obviously needs some updating as you drive?

5. nexusone

nexusone Member

Given the pathetic offerings of native apps, there isn't any other choice.

6. Chaserr

Chaserr Member

azred, go to qtes.la website in browser, click on the waze tab, allow permissions, and enjoy traffic hazards displayed on the browser map for the next week.

7. GeekLad

GeekLad Member

You can try out Radar Alerts for free for 15 days, and see how you like it. The monthly subscription fee is $4.99 after the trial expires. If it's not for you, you can cancel right from the app.

Right now it only shows police reports, but I'll be adding other incident types soon (accidents, traffic jams, road closures, and road hazards). I'm in the final testing phases of adding the other incident types, and will likely publish an update tonight that adds in the other incident types.