Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waze Perform Like iPhone App On Model 3?

DougyDrumz

Oct 3, 2020
Irvine, CA
I've seen a lot of discussion about Waze on Tesla and TeslaWaze but I haven't seen a definitive answer to my question: Is it possible to get Waze to perform like the iPhone Waze navigation app. All I've been able to get is a static map with active icons. Do I have to use my iPhone to get the navigation functionality?

Kevy Baby

Dis-Member
Supporting Member
Aug 11, 2019
Brea, CA
I tried TeslaWaze in my car and was not impressed. For me, my phone parked in the wireless charger running Waze is more than adequate. YMMV

Reactions: thodgdon66

DougyDrumz

Oct 3, 2020
Irvine, CA
I've been using Waze on my iPhone for years and love it. It would be nice, though, if it were integrated into the Tesla browser (like Spotify). It's unfortunate that Waze didn't develop a desktop nav app. I guess they didn't anticipate it being used on car browsers.

Reactions: HitUpOlas

thodgdon66

Aug 14, 2019
AZ
Agreed. 8-year Waze user and I don’t use anything else. Not sure why anyone would. CarPlay would be nice but as has been said, iPhone on the wireless charger leave little or nothing to be desired.

Onei7813

Feb 19, 2021
Miami. FL
Yes. I would agree. Just tried Teslawaze for the first time this past weekend. No voice feature and I could not find a way to have direction arrow facing upwards.

Kevy Baby

Dis-Member
Supporting Member
Aug 11, 2019
Brea, CA
Yes. I would agree. Just tried Teslawaze for the first time this past weekend. No voice feature and I could not find a way to have direction arrow facing upwards.
Not a big fan of TeslaWaze - it just doesn't function well. I just use Waze on my phone which sits in my wireless charger. For longer trips, I will use ABRP to map out trips then use Waze for the best live updates/reroutes and the in-car App for SuC-to-SuC (so that the car preconditions)

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC