Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waze Perform Like iPhone App On Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen a lot of discussion about Waze on Tesla and TeslaWaze but I haven't seen a definitive answer to my question: Is it possible to get Waze to perform like the iPhone Waze navigation app. All I've been able to get is a static map with active icons. Do I have to use my iPhone to get the navigation functionality?

I've been using Waze on my iPhone for years and love it. It would be nice, though, if it were integrated into the Tesla browser (like Spotify). It's unfortunate that Waze didn't develop a desktop nav app. I guess they didn't anticipate it being used on car browsers.

Reactions: HitUpOlas
Yes. I would agree. Just tried Teslawaze for the first time this past weekend. No voice feature and I could not find a way to have direction arrow facing upwards.
Not a big fan of TeslaWaze - it just doesn't function well. I just use Waze on my phone which sits in my wireless charger. For longer trips, I will use ABRP to map out trips then use Waze for the best live updates/reroutes and the in-car App for SuC-to-SuC (so that the car preconditions)