Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waze through sound system?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's called Bluetooth and it works. But doesn't Tesla's turn commands work?

Of course if you switch the audio to Bluetooth and your phone, then you can't use the local entertainment system. But I believe that Waze can also use your phone's players for music.

I've personally found Tesla's voice commands pretty decent.

In Waze Setting menu (press Gear icon from map screen to get there)
Scroll down to "Advanced Settings: Sound & voice". Press the arrow there.
Scroll down to "Advanced: Sound output". Press the arrow there.
Press "Play as Bluetooth phone call".

I've not used that setting in a long time, so I don't know how it'll do on the M3. But give it a try!
--Woof!

In Waze Setting menu (press Gear icon from map screen to get there)
Scroll down to "Advanced Settings: Sound & voice". Press the arrow there.
Scroll down to "Advanced: Sound output". Press the arrow there.
Press "Play as Bluetooth phone call".

I've not used that setting in a long time, so I don't know how it'll do on the M3. But give it a try!
--Woof!
It worked! You're brilliant. Now can you figure out a way to get the Waze directions on the car monitor?

• Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
It worked! You're brilliant. Now can you figure out a way to get the Waze directions on the car monitor?
That is not possible on any car at the moment. iOS 12 opens up navigation to CarPlay. So once waze develops the app to work with car play, all cars with car play will take advantage.

Alas, Tesla does not have car play. There is thread where a guy is tapping into one of the cameras to have a switch to hdmi and then you can see what is on your phone on the screen. If you still can’t control the phone with the touch screen.

Glue an iPad over it? I kid, I kid.

I just use a tablet mount (the type that uses the cupholders as a base) to hold an iPad running Waze. Works well enough for now.
--Woof!