Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WAZE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've downloaded Teslawaze on my 2023 M3 and the map comes up showing my location. But when I start driving, the location doesn't update. It acts like it's not interrogating the GPS to update my location. GIVE ME CARPLAY, ELON!!!

I've downloaded Teslawaze on my 2023 M3 and the map comes up showing my location. But when I start driving, the location doesn't update. It acts like it's not interrogating the GPS to update my location. GIVE ME CARPLAY, ELON!!!
I would be surprised if it did. Waze is a web page. Your position does not update it very often. Another reason why CarPlay would be a major fail.

Basically CarPlay is a crutch for vehicle manufacturers that are too lazy to develop their own software. I am a big fan of Apple. I love having Apple Music available (although the interface is a little clumsy). But CarPlay in my Tesla would be huge step backwards. No thank you.

I would be surprised if it did. Waze is a web page. Your position does not update it very often. Another reason why CarPlay would be a major fail.

Basically CarPlay is a crutch for vehicle manufacturers that are too lazy to develop their own software. I am a big fan of Apple. I love having Apple Music available (although the interface is a little clumsy). But CarPlay in my Tesla would be huge step backwards. No thank you.
I’d love wireless Carplay in MX. I always try to get it in rental cars. The newish option for Apple Music drops out all the time for me, I have to use bluetooth for uninterrupted music. But I haven’t found a good way to run Waze in ot.
What’s the problem for people who don’t want it?- I say no thank you to farts, games, lightshows etc., but other people like them so they have a place. Carplay would also have a place.

I had Apple CarPlay in my Porsche and it was great. Waze worked perfectly with seemingly real-time position updates, accurate reports for police, construction, hazzards, etc. It worked exactly like it did on my iPhone but on a larger screen. Ditto for the other apps available in CarPlay. I wish Tesla would make friends with Apple and offer CarPlay, or at least offer the full version of Waze as an app rather than somebody else's half ass version from a web page. Alternatively, why doesn't Google integrate Waze into Google maps?

I did figure out why my Waze in Tesla wasn't updating. Apparently there are two different IRL's for TeslaWaze and I somehow ended up with an older version. The correct one to use is Tesla Traffic Incidents and Information

Reactions: m5james and hydro