Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WAZE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes you can ABSOLUTELY get waze on main screen in tesla.

Open browser. Google the term tesla waze. Click on tesla waze with azure net or something like that. It loads right up. We'll on newer cars, on older tesla like mine, it gets a bit slow and sometimes doesn't load...

Then adjust zoom to your liking, and save that as a a favorites. Bam.

Not as good as built in. But not too shabby having a 17inch screen waze...

BTW, Phenomenal redo of waze. This guy, or girl, really made the app fantastic. Didn't think it could be done.

Has two types of cop icons, one for hidden one for visible. Has cross hatches on areas where cops frequent. Has tesla supercharger showing on map.

Some serious cons. Can't use as nav. Everytime you touch anything else, it minimizes. Like music or hvac. Then have to open browser again.

See pics below. You can see cross hatches and superchargers

. 5DDBEDB1-4113-402C-8A21-F693962788C3.jpegC9E109DE-4DFC-46A2-9427-ABC307AB89E1.jpeg

Open browser. Google the term tesla waze. Click on tesla waze with azure net or something like that. It loads right up. We'll on newer cars, on older tesla like mine, it gets a bit slow and sometimes doesn't load...

BTW, Phenomenal redo of waze. This guy, or girl, really made the app fantastic. Didn't think it could be done.

Has two types of cop icons, one for hidden one for visible. Has cross hatches on areas where cops frequent. Has tesla supercharger showing on map.

Some serious cons. Can't use as nav. Everytime you touch anything else, it minimizes. Like music or hvac. Then have to open browser again.

. View attachment 500713View attachment 500715
This would require your browser to actually work, which mine doesn't load anything.

So mine would work on and off.

I asked the SC to fix my browser they said they can remotely and clear cache and optimize it.

Used today. Much better. Could of just been a good day bc sometimes in past it worked very well also.

*VERY* cool.

Would this require the ($10 per month) premium data subscription to work? Could be worth that, IMO...

IMO, Waze is better at navigating than the Tesla maps can ever be due to the number of people inputting into the global information store. Used my on-board Tesla maps to navigate locally here in the DC area last weekend, and it routed me onto a ramp that was closed. Waze would have already had the closure marked on its map and would not have routed me onto that ramp. Plus "I" am personally able to input a road closure or an object on road or a policeman into Waze for everyone else's benefit. No such capability on Tesla maps. I struggle (just a tiny bit) over which app to use to navigate. Waze is far superior, but I certainly like having the map on the big screen and the lane markings on my drivers instrument panel. Its a shame Tesla does not have a connection to Waze the way Apple Carplay allows Waze to be used. I'm not sure just having the Tesla Waze up on my big screen on the web would be of tremendous value since, as I'm understanding the previous post, it cannot be used to navigate. Without the navigate functions, it's just a map. I want to know the directions to my destination that route me the quickest way given traffic and road closures, and I also want the app to announce things such as objects in road and police locations.

IMO, Waze is better at navigating than the Tesla maps can ever be due to the number of people inputting into the global information store. Used my on-board Tesla maps to navigate locally here in the DC area last weekend, and it routed me onto a ramp that was closed. Waze would have already had the closure marked on its map and would not have routed me onto that ramp. Plus "I" am personally able to input a road closure or an object on road or a policeman into Waze for everyone else's benefit. No such capability on Tesla maps. I struggle (just a tiny bit) over which app to use to navigate. Waze is far superior, but I certainly like having the map on the big screen and the lane markings on my drivers instrument panel. Its a shame Tesla does not have a connection to Waze the way Apple Carplay allows Waze to be used. I'm not sure just having the Tesla Waze up on my big screen on the web would be of tremendous value since, as I'm understanding the previous post, it cannot be used to navigate. Without the navigate functions, it's just a map. I want to know the directions to my destination that route me the quickest way given traffic and road closures, and I also want the app to announce things such as objects in road and police locations.

What I do is have the waze map on tesla screen and waze on phone navigating. I also have the tesla nav navigating and can see it on my little speedometer screen.

The 17inch waze is just phenomenal for seeing cops and traffic and other usefull things.

Now, if I REALLY need good navigating, if in a new place or really worried about traffic I used the waze on phone. Otherwise just for cruising I'll use the tesla screen for waze and occasionally check phone waze.

CAVEAT, this is only good when browser works. It's really a hit or miss in my 2017 MX. Mostly a miss.

What I do is have the waze map on tesla screen and waze on phone navigating. I also have the tesla nav navigating and can see it on my little speedometer screen.

The 17inch waze is just phenomenal for seeing cops and traffic and other usefull things.

Now, if I REALLY need good navigating, if in a new place or really worried about traffic I used the waze on phone. Otherwise just for cruising I'll use the tesla screen for waze and occasionally check phone waze.

CAVEAT, this is only good when browser works. It's really a hit or miss in my 2017 MX. Mostly a miss.

Same here for the browser. I had never used it before until I read this thread. I LOVE Waze, so I tried it when I was at my destination in Washington DC, and I although I had 3 bars of service, I couldn't get the Tesla Waze screen to fully load. Not a good option unless you're driving in an area that has super high cell signal strength. I too use Waze instead of the onboard nav system when I really need to know how to get there, and Waze is unbeatable when it comes to getting you through heavy traffic situations like we have in the DC area pre-COVID.

Yeah. I'm really surprised by the crappiness of the tesla browser. I can't imagine it takes so much computing power to load a page! And signal strength is a hit or miss. Sometimes it loads with one bar sometimes does NOT load with 5 bars.

I did have the SC tell me it will go slower when other data heavy things are running. Like AP etc. So try at low speed without anything running. I actually do that sometimes and that works.

I did have the SC tell me it will go slower when other data heavy things are running. Like AP etc. So try at low speed without anything running. I actually do that sometimes and that works.

The only time I have ever tried it was that one time. I was sitting still in a parking lot in Park (had not yet begun my drive) with 3 bars of LTE. Wouldn't load Tesla Waze fully. So far this is the only disappointment I have with the features in/on the car.

Reactions: Cuttin

I've installed Waze via the web, but when I use it, I don't get voice commands. Am I missing something?

Hi,

How does one input data into teslawaze, is there subscription? If I see a cop, how do I signal it? Thanks By the way, I just had mcu2 installed and got to be able to use TeslaWase again which is great. I strongly suggest the upgrade to everyone.