TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

We are everywhere

Discussion in 'Model S' started by mackgoo, Mar 8, 2015.

1. mackgoo

mackgoo Member

I was at Plant Depot in San Juan Saturday. There were 3 other Teslas there.

2. middly

middly Member

Yes....we are. (I can say that now that I took delivery yesterday!!) I was driving from Costa Mesa (of course there were a bunch around the area), but up the 55 to around anaheim, I saw another 2 within a 5-10 mile radius from my home. I know someone up the street just got a White MS too!

3. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

No we're not!

In almost three years, I have only seen three unique Teslas that were not my own here in Virginia.

I just got back from a week-long trip to Vegas. I stayed at the Bellagio, and while I saw a gray Model S parked there one day, I didn't see another Tesla the entire week, despite looking for them while walking up and down the strip many times.

(I was surprised that S's still seem fairly rare, even on the strip in Vegas!)

4. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

Granted these were not in use, but there is one parked in front of NY-NY to be given away and one was inside Mandalay Bay about ten days ago.

5. gordo

gordo Member

I lost count after eight on my morning commute... I guess it's obvious where I live.

6. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

Me too :)

Was in Oslo this weekend and saw 10's if not a hundred in a day.

7. taurusking

taurusking Member

I think it depends on where you live. So far I have seen one Tesla in Longview, Texas last week.

I do see at least one if I drive on 635 and I am close to the service center in Dallas.

8. Eseell

Eseell Member

I think my record for Teslas spotted in the Phoenix area in one day is two.

9. DrGuest

DrGuest Member

We are few here in Montana, but Tesla is here. There are 2 Roadsters and 5 Model S in Montana. We have 2 MS in Bozeman and very soon there will be 3rd in Bozeman. A friend is getting delivery of a P85D in 2 weeks so our 3rd Tesla in Bozeman will be able to go "Insane". I've been promised a test drive in the P85D for which I am excitedly waiting to experience! We will then have 6 Model S in Montana, the same number of Montana SC locations!

10. iadbound

iadbound Member

Todd-- You need to get to Northern VA more! There were at least 50 Model Ss at the new Tysons Corner Service Center yesterday :wink: Seriously, though, there are a good number up this way. Recently, I drove past four or five while looking for a parking space in Reston Town Center.

11. sorka

sorka Active Member

Here in the SF Bay Area, you are pretty much within view of a Model S anywhere you are on any freeway. During rush hour, they're zipping by in the commuter lane with Leafs and some volts.

12. JamesM

JamesM Member

I see about five per day in the West Lake area of Austin, TX.

13. Janusz23

Janusz23 New Member

I saw one the whole life in Krakow. 47 years.

14. rickgt

rickgt Enthusiast owner/member

Certainly when I go to Silicon Valley, there are dozens everywhe.

Starting to see many more in Carmel and Pebble Beach.

15. Pilot_51

Pilot_51 Member

I agree, we're not.

I drive 46 miles/day and keep an eye out for Model S's (and other BEV's), averaging 1-2 a month, 24 since the first one in June 2013 (excluding my car and the ones at NAIAS). I'm sure 1/3 of them are one car. About 90% of the ones I see are on the opposite side of a divided highway and haven't seen any going the same direction as me.

There is a noticeable increase giving me high hopes to eventually see them every day. Last month smashed the record with 5 sightings, which I'm pretty sure were just two cars, judging by color, time and location. I just wish it got popular as fast as Volt did, just 5 months from first sighting to one a day in early 2013, too many to continue logging by the time the first MS came along.

16. tonybelding

tonybelding Active Member

Thus far, my own recently-acquired white Roadster is the only electric car that I have ever seen in my area, in central Texas. In fact, it's almost the only electric car I've ever seen. I did test-drive a red Roadster in San Antonio when I was shopping for one, but I don't think that really counts. I also saw a solitary Chevy Volt one time parked here in my town, but I don't think that really counts as an "electric car" as such. It really is an EV desert out here.

17. caddieo

caddieo Member

I have seen only 3 Teslas within the boundaries of Flagler County, FL - a red one 3 times, and a black one - also 3 times, and a white one once. But these sightings are over a span of 19 months. And I still don't know if they were local residents, visitors, or just passing through.

18. Raven5000

Raven5000 Member

In California its as a common as honda civic! Lol

19. aronth5

aronth5 Long Time Follower

In the Merrimack Valley which is north west of Boston I see 1 or 2 a week if I'm lucky.

20. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

Yes, up in Sonoma I can't drive 10 minutes without seeing at least one. Considering our population, they are heavily overrepresented here. And I love seeing my brethren.