Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We are everywhere

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes....we are. (I can say that now that I took delivery yesterday!!) I was driving from Costa Mesa (of course there were a bunch around the area), but up the 55 to around anaheim, I saw another 2 within a 5-10 mile radius from my home. I know someone up the street just got a White MS too!

No we're not!

In almost three years, I have only seen three unique Teslas that were not my own here in Virginia.

I just got back from a week-long trip to Vegas. I stayed at the Bellagio, and while I saw a gray Model S parked there one day, I didn't see another Tesla the entire week, despite looking for them while walking up and down the strip many times.

(I was surprised that S's still seem fairly rare, even on the strip in Vegas!)

We are few here in Montana, but Tesla is here. There are 2 Roadsters and 5 Model S in Montana. We have 2 MS in Bozeman and very soon there will be 3rd in Bozeman. A friend is getting delivery of a P85D in 2 weeks so our 3rd Tesla in Bozeman will be able to go "Insane". I've been promised a test drive in the P85D for which I am excitedly waiting to experience! We will then have 6 Model S in Montana, the same number of Montana SC locations!

No we're not!

In almost three years, I have only seen three unique Teslas that were not my own here in Virginia.

Todd-- You need to get to Northern VA more! There were at least 50 Model Ss at the new Tysons Corner Service Center yesterday :wink: Seriously, though, there are a good number up this way. Recently, I drove past four or five while looking for a parking space in Reston Town Center.

No we're not!

I agree, we're not.

I drive 46 miles/day and keep an eye out for Model S's (and other BEV's), averaging 1-2 a month, 24 since the first one in June 2013 (excluding my car and the ones at NAIAS). I'm sure 1/3 of them are one car. About 90% of the ones I see are on the opposite side of a divided highway and haven't seen any going the same direction as me.

There is a noticeable increase giving me high hopes to eventually see them every day. Last month smashed the record with 5 sightings, which I'm pretty sure were just two cars, judging by color, time and location. I just wish it got popular as fast as Volt did, just 5 months from first sighting to one a day in early 2013, too many to continue logging by the time the first MS came along.

Thus far, my own recently-acquired white Roadster is the only electric car that I have ever seen in my area, in central Texas. In fact, it's almost the only electric car I've ever seen. I did test-drive a red Roadster in San Antonio when I was shopping for one, but I don't think that really counts. I also saw a solitary Chevy Volt one time parked here in my town, but I don't think that really counts as an "electric car" as such. It really is an EV desert out here.

I have seen only 3 Teslas within the boundaries of Flagler County, FL - a red one 3 times, and a black one - also 3 times, and a white one once. But these sightings are over a span of 19 months. And I still don't know if they were local residents, visitors, or just passing through.