Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We are everywhere

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a sighting this morning, but I'm lucky to see one more than once or twice a month. A highlight was going to the Tesla event at NAIAS where I saw more Teslas in the parking lot in one evening than I'd seen over the course of a year in Michigan.

In my 10,000-15,000 miles of driving in metro-Detroit and Williamsburg, Virginia, I have only seen 2 other Model S's!
Are you looking for them in oncoming traffic? If I were only counting the obvious ones, my results are about the same. I quickly learned to identify the DRLs from a distance after the first few I saw across divided highways. It's pretty much a Tesla sense now, meaning I don't have to actively look for them all the time as I used to. As of Monday, I'm at 25 sightings.

There are at least 3 other Tesla owners within a couple of blocks from my home. And several more Model Ss that I see regularly nearby. And dozens maybe hundreds within 10 miles. If there was a map of Tesla density by zip code I'll bet 94062 would be right at the top :)

Are you looking for them in oncoming traffic? If I were only counting the obvious ones, my results are about the same. I quickly learned to identify the DRLs from a distance after the first few I saw across divided highways. It's pretty much a Tesla sense now, meaning I don't have to actively look for them all the time as I used to. As of Monday, I'm at 25 sightings.

I would also say I have a Tesla-sense at this point! When I'm driving in DC and through Florida, I spot them everywhere, oncoming traffic included. But, only a couple thousand of my miles are from metro-Detroit (and all in the middle of winter), and that was when I saw one of the two Model S's, the other one was oncoming traffic in Williamsburg...although surely not major markets for Tesla, I still can't believe how rarely I see them! Superchargers though...a whole different story!! :biggrin::biggrin:

No we're not!

In almost three years, I have only seen three unique Teslas that were not my own here in Virginia.

I just got back from a week-long trip to Vegas. I stayed at the Bellagio, and while I saw a gray Model S parked there one day, I didn't see another Tesla the entire week, despite looking for them while walking up and down the strip many times.

(I was surprised that S's still seem fairly rare, even on the strip in Vegas!)

I just saw my first "wild" one here in Lynchburg, VA yesterday, a red one. There is one more I know of besides mine and another on the way this month. Not bad for a town of 70K!

Went on an errant in the small Dutch village where my office is. Just parked in formation with the already present Teslii.

attachment.php?attachmentid=74587&d=1426086812.jpg
:cool:

I see them (not including mine!) almost weekly now in the Richmond, VA area. Last week I was parked at a Chick-fil-A and someone pulled in and parked one near me. Then, on the way home I passed a different one going the other way on the same street. The week before that I saw two different ones within 2 hours. There must be at least 20 of them around this area alone now.