Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We expect your delivery in 3 - 6 weeks (LR AWD)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 6/8 Metallic Blue AWD LR w/ White Interior and 20” Inductions

Received Text today stating 2-4 weeks from today
Nice! Same config here...I'm as excited (if not more) than awaiting the birth of my children..lol...at least then there was a known target "due date"....definitely would make birthing more interesting with an unknown date of delivery.

My original order date was 7/7, at the time the delivery estimate was 4-8 weeks.

Model Y: MSM/BLK | LR | AWD | 19" | No-Hitch | No-FSD

A few days later the sales person called me to open my profile and resave to get the lower price. On 7/28 she sent a message to get my financing details and she updated the profile. Then I heard nothing until I got a text message from Tesla on 8/6 stating that my deliver estimate was now 5-8 weeks starting that day. I went online to chat with the customer service who told me that my profile was not complete until 7/28 and that the delivery estimate on that day was 5-8 weeks so that was now my delivery estimate. I messaged my sales person who also assured me that the order was the thing that started the delivery estimate not the profile, and so I was still in a 4-8 week time frame from 7/7.

So who knows, either the sales person is wrong or Customer Service is. Either way communication from Tesla is terrible. The wait is not the issue, but changing the delivery estimates to me is a problem. If this is how they treat you when you buy a $50K+ car how bad will it get if you just need part or repair?

Got an updated text today, 2-5 week estimated delivery

I see a lot of people ordered 7/28 +- a couple of days and got notifications. I'm still 100% in the shadow. That stinks lol
To make things worse, I ordered a NEMA 14-50 cable and woke up to 3 emails from Tesla. Excited, until I realized they were all about the cable being invoiced and shipped. Oh well...

Also, pardon for asking again, but what is PUP? Pick Up?

I see a lot of people ordered 7/28 +- a couple of days and got notifications. I'm still 100% in the shadow. That stinks lol
To make things worse, I ordered a NEMA 14-50 cable and woke up to 3 emails from Tesla. Excited, until I realized they were all about the cable being invoiced and shipped. Oh well...

Also, pardon for asking again, but what is PUP? Pick Up?
PUP= Performance Upgrade Package

Welp. I just officially found out these text messages
It sounds like those with the PUP are getting 4-7 week ETA text messages and those with LR receive the 3-6 weeks.

That sound about right?

I ordered PUP in MAY 2019 and got the 3-5 week text message about a week ago. Today I found out that those text messages were literally meaningless. Turns out my account was stuck in limbo and was not even in queue for delivery.

About 6 weeks ago I replied to one of the texts asking if I could add the tow hitch on to my order without losing my old pricing. It bounced around internally for a bit and the verdict was that I couldn't keep the old pricing and make any modifications, do they were waiting for me to respond. Only problem... NOBODY EVER TOLD ME THAT!!! My order has literally been sitting there for 6 weeks "waiting for customer response" when nobody at Tesla ever even told me I needed to respond to something. The only way I find out is when I went to a show room to complain and it got escalated.

Was told that my account may have just sat there in a waiting state indefinitely unless I raised an issue.

It's all cleared up now but it sounds like I'm not getting any priority above anyone that orders today. I loved my 3 before I sold it to l two months ago when they told me end of June, and I know I'll love the Y when I finally get it, but man, this customer service is God awful.

So yeah, I feel these texts were just a mass blast to everyone, so I wouldn't read too much into the varying timelines.

I agree, that these messages are meaningless. It sounds like the system just did a mass text a couple of days ago.

I ordered my PUP on July 30th and only got the next step of submitting my order (takes you to the insurance step) after the Tesla rep emailed me to let me know that she changed my payment to "cash" for now to get things rolling. Not sure why it took her over a week to do that when she initially texted me right after I placed my order.

Based on everything I've read it sounds like a Tesla rep has to manual intervene with all online orders to make sure it gets moved forward. Those who have been waiting a long time seem to have better luck when they make a change to their order which probably "brings it back to the top" for a rep to do their thing.

If you've placed your order and have not gotten to the insurance info page yet you should probably reach out to Tesla to get things going since it's probably been overlooked.

• Informative
Reactions: Celeritas