Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We expect your delivery in 3 - 6 weeks (LR AWD)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My original order date was 7/7, at the time the delivery estimate was 4-8 weeks.

Model Y: MSM/BLK | LR | AWD | 19" | No-Hitch | No-FSD

A few days later the sales person called me to open my profile and resave to get the lower price. On 7/28 she sent a message to get my financing details and she updated the profile. Then I heard nothing until I got a text message from Tesla on 8/6 stating that my deliver estimate was now 5-8 weeks starting that day. I went online to chat with the customer service who told me that my profile was not complete until 7/28 and that the delivery estimate on that day was 5-8 weeks so that was now my delivery estimate. I messaged my sales person who also assured me that the order was the thing that started the delivery estimate not the profile, and so I was still in a 4-8 week time frame from 7/7.

So who knows, either the sales person is wrong or Customer Service is. Either way communication from Tesla is terrible. The wait is not the issue, but changing the delivery estimates to me is a problem. If this is how they treat you when you buy a $50K+ car how bad will it get if you just need part or repair?

Ordered 7/28 and still waiting for a VIN. I think I fully completed my profile with Insurance and DL the day after I ordered.
No word after that, it's been 2 weeks today - quite a long while without any news for an item this expensive, but I guess that's what you get when you buy a car that sells itself! lol

BTW, what is PUP?

Ordered 7/27. Completed steps by 8/1. LR AWD | MSM | White Interior | 20" Induction | FSD

Received text today: "Tesla Update - We currently expect your Model Y to be ready for delivery 5 - 7 weeks from today."

So far in line with the 5-9 week quote when I placed my order

I placed my 2nd order on 7/12 - Black/Black, Inductions + Hitch; account details were greyed out until last week, I emailed my SA that day and he resolved it from his end; magically today I received 3-6 week text.

I’m pretty sure my account being in that weird state had something to do with the delay.. although 3-6 weeks from today would be 10 weeks from my order, original est. was 5-9 weeks.

When I received the delivery text for my 1st order, it was delivered exactly in 2 weeks (text was 1-2 weeks). So... it’s likely I’ll get delivery in 6 weeks.

This time around I have a good SA, so the wait has been tolerable.

Just checked my account, still not VIN but MVPA available under documents. I click view but the link is blink...VIN soon?!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 7.33.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 7.33.44 PM.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Love
Reactions: Blue_Skies