Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We have a problem we need to talk about

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's our children's generation and we are creating monsters. I said this to my wife. Now, my son doesn't watch what is on TV, he tells us what he wants to watch by searching YouTube, Netflix, etc. It's up to us to say No like our parents did to us :)
That's right, I tell my kids no all the time.

"Daddy, can you turn on show xyz?"
"NO, stop bothering me, just use the youtube suggestions and find something to watch from there!"

I put my foot down on that one.

<-- Parent of the year! ;)

Simple solution: don't have kids.
It's the best investment money can buy!

I spend like there's no tomorrow, hope my kids get a good college education and get high paying jobs, and then when I can't afford to eat, i'll just move in with them and drive their fancy cars!

If I didn't have kids, I wouldn't have anyone to mooch off of :/

My daughter cringes at Timberlake's "Cant stop the feeling" because it was her dance class routine. It pisses her off because I learned the moves from watching her class. (She's 7). My son (also 7, the other half of twin set) is a huge Train fan "Save me San franciso" (we love the City). And of course it's the one song by Rage Against the machine he loves to belt out while I laugh and my wife cringes. "**** you, I won't do what you tell me" in repeat. (Because we don't allow cursing in normal conversation). The kids also like a lot of classic rock and thanks to me Jimmy Buffett too.

Our kids are pop culture sponge, so Pink, Katy Perry, Imagine Dragons, Lumineers, even Bieber's "sorry" gets some airplay while we mock his lame gangster SMP life.

My 20 month old son claps in sync to "Hand Clap" by Fritz and the Tantrums.

I'm mostly an O.A.R fan along with my 80's/90's rap, classic rock, and guilty pleasures from the last 30 years. The good thing is my kids get to hear all that plus Dylan, Jimi, and the Animals.

There's just something fun about rolling past a police car blasting KRS-one or Wu-Tang with the roof open and the windows cracked a few inches.

Reactions: AlanSqB
When you calm down from your rage you sound like an experienced Slacker user who can explain to me my biggest gripe: If I want to listen to music by a specific singer or group, Slacker responds by creating a channel with that artist's name and immediately plays a random song by that artist. But after that first song it may only play a song by that artist every five or ten selections and fills the gaps with all sorts of unrelated artists. Is there a workaround?
This annoys me too. The workaround would be to use Spotify :) , if it ever comes to North American Tesla owners

on a side note, speaking of Bieber ... (no, I don't listen to him)
I was in Japan for a couple weeks and saw this ad for SoftBank plastered everywhere. It's even prominently displayed on their homepage.

picture-53.jpg

While I know the ad is for some sort of student discount wireless plan, it's still rather perplexing.

Meanwhile, much to my disappointment I didn't spot a single Tesla during my visit to Japan. I guess certain things are still more popular there than Tesla...

Actually I read going to ask the complete opposite of OP, to see if we can get our kiddos fav tunes on Tesla top twenty by having tmc members play them, such classics as: what does the fox say or watch me whip/nae nae...

FWIW, the other day my four year old, not a car kid and totally girly girl says randomly, when is our model 3 coming? (For the record I didn't discuss m3 with anyone at home beyond 5 minutes at unveiling time)

The fam and I recently watched the movie Sing; the soundtrack isnt too bad. Before that the flavour of the day was Lego movie or Trolls sh@$! 24/7 in the car from my 8 and 9 year olds :confused:

Is it wrong that you sometimes feel like crashing head on into a tree at full speed? My luck I would end up trapped in the car not being able to turn the music off. Damn you Tesla and your selectable music uber safe crash worthy cars! :mad: