Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We/I need some regen/discharge tick marks!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would like to know clearly when the brake lights are turned on due to enough deceleration from regen. I know the car icon will show little red lights when the brake lights turn on, but it is too small to pay attention too. Just want to make sure i'm not decelerating too quickly or turning my brake lights on/off all the time!

my preliminary tests does seem to indicate that the transition between regen and accel is a fixed spot in the throttle. No matter the road grade, if I lock my foot position on the throttle where there is no regen or consumption, I can shoot down a big hill and never does green or black show up on the bar.

Yes. The pedal only controls the amount of torque put out by the motor. For a given pedal position above the neutral point, the amount of torque put put by the motor will be constant, independent of speed or anything else. Below the neutral point you are commanding negative torque via regen, and that is speed dependent.

I do wonder if the Bolt is like that, as well. I've never tested it in any rigorous way but it would be reasonably consistent with how good I am at "catching" the car from decelerating when I just cancel CC, rather than step down the set speed, as I'm placing my foot down into the pedal.

It's pretty rare I'm not in CC, so for going up and down hills couldn't say one way or another how it works there.