Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We need all members to petition for an extension of the mileage expiration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new OTA allows you the see the expiration of the earned referral supercharging miles.

I earned the miles in November and to my horror, the new OTA update informed me they are expiring next month, can you imagine finding out the miles are expiring only one month before and we are all in Stay at home mode.

This is really ludicrous or unreasonable. Find out immediately when do your miles expire and petition Elon to be fair and extend the expiration by 6 months.

I think mine may have been extended. I earned them sometime last year, in the summer/fall, but just noticed that they expire in March of 2021. So it's possible they're doing a 6 month extension? To be honest, I haven't really checked the expiration date until today, but seem to recall it being sometime sooner a while ago.

The new OTA allows you the see the expiration of the earned referral supercharging miles.

I earned the miles in November and to my horror, the new OTA update informed me they are expiring next month, can you imagine finding out the miles are expiring only one month before and we are all in Stay at home mode.

This is really ludicrous or unreasonable. Find out immediately when do your miles expire and petition Elon to be fair and extend the expiration by 6 months.

Elon Musk on Twitter

You got your wish

"Hey Tesla or Elon Musk, I was thinking with this shut down we’re all are going through is it possible to extend free referral supercharging miles since we can’t go anywhere? Thanks in advance!!"

Notice how the guy simply asked nicely and said thanks to Elon and he responded and said will do.

No whining necessary.

Last edited:
Electrek picked up on Elon’s tweet. No specified amount time yet on the extension. They just added the Expiration date to people’s Loot Box window display (yeah, something that really should be visible on the app for convenience). Probably first step to extending it. I think extending it the length of the shutdown would be fair. Most of us are SIP but not all (ie essential workers) but think that’s great he thought it was something fair to do. I do think he tries to be fair and reasonable about things when a situation is brought to his attention. Thanks Elon, still hoping to hit the open road when we can and get away somewhere other than my house!

https://electrek.co/2020/04/17/tesla-extend-free-supercharging-miles-referral-program-amid-pandemic/