Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We need new sub Fora for all the new countries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
J

jbcarioca

We need all of them, best if individually done. Most may be to new Tesla owners now that Model 3 reservations are happening, but lots of them, like me, already have a Tesla in one country and are ordering another (others?) for use on other countries. Only new sub-fora will support all this. Please!

We make them as there's demand. If there are those that would like a specific regional forum, we'll make is as long as there is content to put in there.

Pardon me but that is a most un-Tesla-like position. Tesla develops products for markets others did not know existed. TMC should play a part to help. However, there are rational tangible reasons why this is important to do now.

How about a comrpomise position? For a number of Frequent Flying, Staying kinds of BB's (e.g. FlyerTalk, Inside Flyer) they have a distinct category to Other within their primary areas of interest.
InsideFlyer, for example has Loyalty Programs listed as individual programs for giant airlines with extensive interest and an individual regional category for "Other Programs". They have those listed for all regions but it might be TMC could at least manage Asia, Middle East/Africa, South America+Mexico+Caribbean).

If these were to be included there would be an easy way to build activity which is hard to do now. Taking FlyerTalk as an example they had no division for Brazil or Argentina when I because active but did have "Other South America". They ended out with quite active Argentina nd Brazil fora as well as quite a few others.

Tesla has already upended convention in many ways, not least with the extremely active Belgium group and huge market share in Norway. Norway, notably, produced much of the interest because a Model S used to cost about the same as a Ford Focus because of tax changes.

Brazil, among others has just passed laws greatly reducing ownership costs for electric cars, specifically including imported ones. That, according to the popular newspaper O Globo yesterday, has a Model 3 costing about R$126,000. It is even more extreme when considering that regular gasoline costs roughly US$4.00 per gallon. Then there is the annual road tax of R$8918 for the Ford and R$ 630 for the Model 3.

It is not my intent to preach the dubious glories of one of my countries of citizenship, Brazil. It is simply that Tesla is going to places that can replicate the Norwegian success. Brazil, the 7th or so largest country in car sales, has already made almost the entire car fleet be able to run on alcohol and/or natural gas (almost all of them flex) by making changes in tax rules. Last October they did that for BEV and PHEV.

TMC should respond to these events in places like India, South Korea, Singapore, South Africa and Brazil by encouraging discussion here, possibly a bit ahead of the traffic. Within a few months at the most there will be traffic in Korean, Portuguese and other languages as Tesla rapidly becomes viewed as mainstream. Please reconsider your position. TMC is about Tesla, not General Motors! We need to promote more interest not wait for customer demand to preexist!

If I am too strident please accept my apologies.