Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We survived a HORRIBLE accident thanks to our Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You should take a look at the annual crash report at IIHS.org. It is proven that a heavier car is generally safer in real world crash statistic as well as proof from physics formulas (Kinetic energy = 1/2 x mv^2, where m=mass, and v=speed. The car that has higher kinetic energy will suffer less deceleration (thus injury) in a 2-car crash scenario)

The Tesla is responsible? Not the driver? So I guess Tesla making an exceptionally safe car is irresponsible?

That Tesla was owned by a street racer. That Tesla was involved dual fatality head-on collision on a road (Laguna Canyon) only an idiot would race on.
That doctor who was driving was not only an idiot, a street racer, and talentless, he is a murderer and a felon.

The fact the badging on the car begins with a T has nothing to do with it. A Porsche would have killed them also, and it begins with a P. But in the Porsche, it would be more likely to clean the gene pool of one more stupid person with more money than talent.

Not a fan of street racers. Sure, it's cheaper than going to a racetrack. Problem is, you kill non-participants more often on the street.

Last edited:
I was referring to this quote. Sounded like you were saying the Tesla was to blame. If he was racing and these 2 deaths occ. because of that the driver should be charged

He was charged.

If I posted "HAHAAHAHAHAH!!! Look how my Toyota Sequoia flattened that Mini Cooper and killed the two guys in it! I was racing on the wrong side of the road and I'm just fine! My Sequoia is bulletproof! Safest SUV ever!", I'd be a jerk.

Holy cow! I am so glad that you are OK. I must say that I really do rest more easily knowing that we are driving the safest car ever built.

I almost got T-boned by some smiling moron just the other day. Fortunately, the instant acceleration was there to get me out of the way. But thank goodness I have the habit of always looking both directions before entering any intersection.

I have learned...

Reactions: Model S M.D.
You should take a look at the annual crash report at IIHS.org. It is proven that a heavier car is generally safer in real world crash statistic as well as proof from physics formulas (Kinetic energy = 1/2 x mv^2, where m=mass, and v=speed. The car that has higher kinetic energy will suffer less deceleration (thus injury) in a 2-car crash scenario)

I linked IIHS real-world crash statistics which proves that a well-designed micro-car (smart car) is less fatal than a poorly-designed car three times its weight (Chevy Silverado). The smart from the IIHS statistics has less than half the fatalities of the Silverado.

Generally != always though, and that's the point. It's only "always" if every carmaker designs safety first, but since they don't you have situations like a 1600 pound smart car besting a gigantic pick-up truck on safety.

Good to hear you are ok.

Again those intersection things you guys have over there. Seems like you always run the gauntlet with them.

I've said it before and I will say it again.

Roundabouts.

You should see US drivers handle roundabouts :(

I'm in an area where they're starting to become popular, but still quite rare in most areas of my city. I'd say 8 out of my 10 close calls have been in a roundabout because we flat-out have bad drivers, and a shockingly large number of people will plow right through them with minimal yielding.

If the driver who hit you was driving a few mph slower, the results may have been far more catastrophic. Fortunately the impact was mostly towards the front rather than focused on the drivers door.

What type of car hit you? It think most large euro-lux sedans would have faired as well.

Glad you are safe and will be enjoying the new 100!

About 2 weeks ago, a car ran a red light at full speed and smashed into my Model S which caused a second collision with a large SUV. It happened so fast I didn't even have time to react. Every airbag in the car deployed. As the airbag smoke cleared, my wife and I realized we weren't seriously injured and we both miraculously walked away from the accident.

As you can see from the picture, the lack of an engine of front (large crumple zone) allowed the frunk to absorb most of the energy of the high impact. The passenger cabin was essentially untouched.

Thank you Elon Musk and Tesla for saving my wife and I from serious injury and possibly death. Soon after the accident, I ordered another Model S without hesitation. This is how much faith I have in the company and the safety of their cars.

View attachment 191631

Glad you are ok, by the way that pic will now be used in a fake NHTSA complaint about suspension parts

• Funny
Reactions: techmaven