Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We want some Model 3 Leaks, renders, sketches !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More renderings on the Mini - S concept ...

lmb97yl.jpg

lguxb68.jpg

And that, Sir, is why God invented snow blowers!
I have a gravel driveway and snowblowers really don't like gravel... Also, I don't have the room for one in my garage nor the interest in fussing with and maintaining it.

Anyway, snow shoveling is good exercise and I just listen to audio books while I work. It isn't all that onerous. Ten hours is unusual. Two to three hours is more typical here.

Portland, Oregon and Seattle are that way. We get serious snow infrequently enough that cities don't have many snow plows. It's cheaper to roll up the sidewalks for the day or two it snows per year. Most people who move here from snowier places laugh at the locals until the second or third time it snows, then they learn to stay home and take a day off.

I lived in Seattle one winter and was absolutely shocked (and entertained!!) at what happened with, literally, 2 inches of snow. They closed down the entire city, declared a state of emergency and told everybody to stay off the roads. I went into work as usual and witnessed some of the most incompetent winter driving that I have ever seen. It was like people had, literally, never experienced snow before. How does that happen in a northern city so close to the mountains?

Where I live, I'm not even sure that they would have bothered with the plows for that amount of snow.

Sorry... off topic.

If you are using a Windows computer either in Word or in Outlook click ALT and "=" at the same time. A bunch of characters will appear. You will see the three horizontal lines ≡. You can then copy and paste.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Could they get away with using 3 horizontal bars? I know the reason they arent using the E is because of Ford (or whoever it was) had the name already... And the 3 horizontal bars is basically just an "E", isnt it? I mean, it even represents an "E" in their current logo, so its a bit odd to have it represent a "3" in the car model, and an "E" in their TESLA logo.

I think if you show it to anyone who isn't "in the know" they would, at the very least, be confused.

Seems like someone using a slightly altered McDonalds logo and claiming its a new design.

it even represents an "E" in their current logo, so its a bit odd to have it represent a "3" in the car model, and an "E" in their TESLA logo.

I think if you show it to anyone who isn't "in the know" they would, at the very least, be confused.
A bit of the "inside joke" has been part of the Tesla charm so far :cool:

Being of the digital generation I see it as much an LED 3 as it is an E... so it works for me. but who knows what they'll end up doing. It's possible they have a few final designs they're mulling over right at this moment...

I lived in Seattle one winter and was absolutely shocked (and entertained!!) at what happened with, literally, 2 inches of snow. They closed down the entire city, declared a state of emergency and told everybody to stay off the roads. I went into work as usual and witnessed some of the most incompetent winter driving that I have ever seen. It was like people had, literally, never experienced snow before. How does that happen in a northern city so close to the mountains?

Where I live, I'm not even sure that they would have bothered with the plows for that amount of snow.

Sorry... off topic.

Some people in Seattle ski, but for those who don't ski, there is rarely a reason to go into the mountains in the winter. To people in some parts of the world, the hills around Seattle are considered mountains, but westerners call them hills.

Driving the hills when it's icy is very tricky. But because it snows infrequently enough, we usually just stay home. 2 inches of snow isn't all that unusual, but having that much snow last on the roads more than 24 hours is rare. For example we got about an inch followed by freezing rain around New Years and the roads were 90% clear in about 6-8 hours. The low lands west of the Cascades are right on the fringe of the winter snow zone.

The people who live up higher in the hills get better at winter driving. It will snow up there when it just rains here. I have seen cars in town with 6-8 inches of snow on their roofs.

I suppose we are wandering a bit off the topic here.

Could they get away with using 3 horizontal bars? I know the reason they arent using the E is because of Ford (or whoever it was) had the name already... And the 3 horizontal bars is basically just an "E", isnt it? I mean, it even represents an "E" in their current logo, so its a bit odd to have it represent a "3" in the car model, and an "E" in their TESLA logo.

Seems like someone using a slightly altered McDonalds logo and claiming its a new design.

The three horizontal lines do represent the number 3 in Chinese. So I believe Tesla can and should be unconstrained to use it.