Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We want some Model 3 Leaks, renders, sketches !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tweaked @JJODRY's Model 3 Render to add Model X Front and some Tesla Wheels.

I'll just keep on dreaming.

tesla-model-3.jpg

So we're getting a smaller fastback sedan. Which we knew anyway. But I hope that the proportions do shift. "Honey, I just shrunk the S by 20%" feels like an anti-climax.

Not really. I mean, a smaller car can be a much better car in many ways. It just depends on your budget, taste, space, etc. A smaller Model S is what many people would find useful anyway. For example, the Model X looks a lot like a Model S, but folks have been saying it's actually different (better) in many ways. Take a good idea and package it slightly differently and you get a specialized great idea! :biggrin:

If it was simply a smaller Model S I'd be perfectly OK with that but they should do some exploration which is precisely what Franz has mentioned in the past. Model S was designed to look athletic, sporty and not look strange like most others are keen to do. I expect Model 3 to be special in the looks department but not too out there. The Nagare design seems to be most they push things at the moment pending acceptance by the masses. There's a fine line between looking modern and futuristic. Elon has said perhaps the first car would be more restrained and subsequent cars would be adventurous but he's also said they would go "radical" with Model 3 right from the start. We don't know where they stand right now so we'll have to wait and see which way they went come March. One thing is obvious however, in his slide presentation in Hong Kong yesterday Elon showed the Model 3 platform as 2 cars, a sedan and an SUV using the Model S and X in silhouette. So I take that as Model Y is still on the table. Who knows, maybe they'll surprise us and drive out both at the same time and say "one more thing... We have 2 cars to unveil today!" SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

I thought it was interesting that Elon did not refer to the $35k price tag but instead he indicated it would "roughly cut the price in half". That makes much more sense.
He has said this before so it will be fascinating to see if he begins to hedge on the $35k price tag going forward which is frankly what he should have been saying all along.