Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We want some Model 3 Leaks, renders, sketches !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On a serious note the 3 will have normal sized wheels ie. 14ins. So I thought I would do a mock up to see what they would be like, so we can adjust to it. The one slight flaw is that the mock up is of alloy wheels not steel ones with plastic hubcaps, which is what will be on offer with the 3.
2012-Tesla-Model-S-side-view.jpg

On a serious note the 3 will have normal sized wheels ie. 14ins. So I thought I would do a mock up to see what they would be like, so we can adjust to it. The one slight flaw is that the mock up is of alloy wheels not steel ones with plastic hubcaps, which is what will be on offer with the 3.
View attachment 114504

I didn't know it was common for > $30,000 cars to have steel wheels and hubcaps.

View attachment 114504

B.S. flag on the play.

The Audi A4 has 17's, and it is routinely linked to the Model 3 as the most common comparison size-wise.

And the A3? which is smaller than the A4 (duh)? also 17's.

Stop thinking "Geo Metro" levels, people.

A4, 3-series, etc....we've been over this multiple times.

View attachment 114504

That car was driver hard. All the rubber from his rims is just... gone! ;)

Model 3 (base): 218 hp - 197 torque - 280 miles range - 52 KWH - 0-60 6.5 seconds
I would love to see the base model fall anywhere close to these numbers.

But here's the thing with the Model S 70 info you have (and another tangent by me) -- regardless of what the configuration page says as the "official" numbers from Tesla, the Model S is faster than that. I know for a fact that my 60 KW Model S can do 0 - 60 in the low 5's easy. In fact, in this link, they show a 60 KW Tesla doing 0 - 60 in 5.1 seconds, yet Tesla had the 60's rated at 5.9 seconds. Then they come out and say a new 70 is slower than my 3 year old 60? That just doesn't seem right.

Smart to under-promise and over-deliver, though. But I really think the 3's will be able to do 0 - 60 in under 6 seconds. All of them.

14" wheels on a Tesla, too funny!

My 1989 VW Cabriolet has 14" wheels.
My 2008 Kia Rio SX 15" wheels.

2016 BMW 320i has 17" wheels.
2016 Audi A4 has 17" wheels.

- - - Updated - - -

Model 3 (base): 218 hp - 197 torque - 280 miles range - 52 KWH - 0-60 6.5 seconds
I would love to see the base model fall anywhere close to these numbers.

But here's the thing with the Model S 70 info you have (and another tangent by me) -- regardless of what the configuration page says as the "official" numbers from Tesla, the Model S is faster than that. I know for a fact that my 60 KW Model S can do 0 - 60 in the low 5's easy. In fact, in this link, they show a 60 KW Tesla doing 0 - 60 in 5.1 seconds, yet Tesla had the 60's rated at 5.9 seconds. Then they come out and say a new 70 is slower than my 3 year old 60? That just doesn't seem right.

Smart to under-promise and over-deliver, though. But I really think the 3's will be able to do 0 - 60 in under 6 seconds. All of them.

I couldn't agree with you more (and I hope we're both right)!

0-60 in under 5.2 seconds (BMW 3-series speed) for EVERY Model 3 is essential to whoop BMW based on 2016's numbers. Considering that when the Model 3 is slated for delivery (second half of 2017), Tesla will be competing with a "2018 BMW 3-series"... which will undoubtedly be quicker by then.

At the March 31st event, I fully expect Elon to say, "and it goes from 0 to 60 in just 5.1 seconds, that's faster then a BMW!" However, I would bet that Tesla is pushing for 0-60 in under 5 seconds by delivery date.

Is anybody else really, REALLY tired of seeing the prototypes of the Model S showing up on the Model 3 renderings post? Or any of the Model 3 posts? Please, please, please, somebody write a program that deletes this picture from the Internet!!!

Or at least water mark them so everyone knows they are Model S prototype pictures.

- - - Updated - - -

I love everything Subaru so that works for me!

My SO loves Subarus. She had a 96 Outback she gave to her ex-husband when she bought a 2013 Impreza and the old Outback is still going without any serious problems at nearly 200,000 miles. Her 96 Outback was too small for my legs, the current Impreza is better, but still a bit too small for me, but the current Outback or Forester would work for me size-wise. I was considering an Outback for a while.

Learning about Tesla has shaken her undying loyalty for Subaru though. The Model S is too big for her tastes, but depending on her financial situation when the Model 3 comes along and what it looks like, she might bite. Especially if it's something like a wagon. She loves wagons and hates sedans.