Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We want some Model 3 Leaks, renders, sketches !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Supposedly, this is the Model 3.

Tesla-Model-3-Leak--668x409.jpg

Opinions? I dig it.

Update: Link to article - Is This The Tesla Model 3, Model Y, or a Hoax? - HybridCars.com

It's just a doctored image from Model X | Tesla Motors Canada
The background is just too similar and the shadow in the rear doesn't line up. Nice try but I'll reserve judgment until the 31st.

Looks like a doctored image from Model X | Tesla Motors Canada
The background is just too similar and the shadow in the rear doesn't line up. Nice try but I'll reserve judgment until the 31st.

It looks like it might have been taken from the Model X design studio (in my opinion). I'm really hoping this is more Model Y than Model 3. I was looking for more of a sedan style vehicle.

Could be that design was definitely constrained by their range\drag coefficient. Still better looking than that Bolt.
I can understand why they would do that (I don't think that's a real Model 3, I don't think anyone will see a real Model 3 until the 31st), but you asked for opinions, I think it doesn't look aesthetically pleasing.

It looks like it might have been taken from the Model X design studio (in my opinion). I'm really hoping this is more Model Y than Model 3. I was looking for more of a sedan style vehicle.

Quotes from Elon have been confusing and all over the place. He said Model 3 would have a "family resemblance", then he said it "wouldn't look like other cars" then he said they don't want to be too adventurous with the first version, then the rumours about the .20 drag edict from Elon with radical aerodynamics. Look, nobody really knows that this thing looks like, it's the best-kept secret at Tesla.

My money and expectations however is on the simpler answer to everything: Model 3 sedan is going to look a lot like the Model S but with the Model X nose on it. I have a feeling they decided to play it safe for now and go with what is known ostensibly to keep it mainstream in terms of looks and keep to their late 2017 production timeline. Later on they can go a bit crazier.
We'll know soon enough in a couple of weeks. Until then I'm keeping my expectations and wild guesses in check.

Reactions: Red Sage
I can understand why they would do that (I don't think that's a real Model 3, I don't think anyone will see a real Model 3 until the 31st), but you asked for opinions, I think it doesn't look aesthetically pleasing.

Yeah, honestly I'm hoping to see a refreshed, 20% smaller Model S rolled on stage. I love that look and I really don't care about changing it that much.