Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We want some Model 3 Leaks, renders, sketches !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
what is this ?

I love the S.

It's a great car.

I just don't think the 3 is going to be a shrunk down version of the S or any other sedan from BMW, Audi etc

Otherwise we might as well give up and rename this website "Friends of the Model S" or "Electric Sedan Lovers"

I don't think the honda image is on the money; it does raise valid "concerns", but I think that we should expect for something different from Tesla in March.

Alfa-Romeo-Giulia-159-2.jpg

Alfa-Romeo-Giulia-1.jpg

Looking through the pictures in this thread, I think people are going to be very disappointed when the Model 3 is revealed if it looks more like this, than those on the preceding pages...

model3.jpeg

If they do make it look more like the ones in the pictures in this thread, they are going to lose a lot of Model S orders and somehow I don't think that's the plan. (But please make it look better than this!)

Looking through the pictures in this thread, I think people are going to be very disappointed when the Model 3 is revealed if it looks more like this, than those on the preceding pages...

View attachment 105290

If they do make it look more like the ones in the pictures in this thread, they are going to lose a lot of Model S orders and somehow I don't think that's the plan. (But please make it look better than this!)

They are not going to ugly-up the Model 3 just to keep it from talking away from Model S sales...!!

Its size is what will make it compete with Model S or not, regardless of the styling. It will simply be a smaller car. I don't really think they care whether it will take away a few Model S sales. And if it does, so what? They can use the additional capacity to make more Model 3s. The Model S was never the goal, merely a step towards it.

View attachment 105290

The car pictured is too small to be the Model 3. That's a sub-compact hatchback and what has been leaked has said it will be about 20% smaller than the Model S and about the same as a BMW 3 Series (which is about 20% smaller by volume than the Model S).

If the Model 3 takes sales away from the Model S, I don't think Elon would be all that broken up. He has talked all along that his long term goal is to bring an affordable long range BEV to market.

View attachment 105290

I surely hope it doesn't look like that and isn't that small. I may have to reevaluate my purchase plans if it does. That's no better than the Bolt.

As for the other point, I don't think Tesla will at all be concerned about losing Model S orders and certainly won't sabotage the Model 3. It's not a zero sum market.