Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We want some Model 3 Leaks, renders, sketches !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quotes from Elon have been confusing and all over the place. He said Model 3 would have a "family resemblance", then he said it "wouldn't look like other cars" then he said they don't want to be too adventurous with the first version, then the rumours about the .20 drag edict from Elon with radical aerodynamics. Look, nobody really knows that this thing looks like, it's the best-kept secret at Tesla.

Let's go with that. I'd rather have family resemblance than something that doesn't look like other cars ...

I too hope that it is a proper sedan. Here is a quick photoshop I made based on the event invite.View attachment 167275

+1 Instant sale -- I like it! :cool: (the old cool face looked better)

In terms of size, the Model S (196″ L x 77″ W x 57″ H = 860,244 cubic inches) is about the same size as the Audi A6 (194″ L x 74″ W x 58″ H = 832,648 cubic inches), and the Audi A3 sedan (175″ L x 71″ W x 56″ = 695,800 cubic inches) is about 20% smaller.

I know there have been quotes stating the dimensions will be similar to that of the Audi A4, but in order to achieve the 20% smaller goal, the dimensions will likely be closer to those of the Audi A3 sedan.

• Informative
Reactions: forumman83
Here's a new front render, based on the infamous image from 60 minutes (center of pic below)
9myO7CP.jpg

tesla-design-studio-screen-cap-1.jpg

In terms of size, the Model S (196″ L x 77″ W x 57″ H = 860,244 cubic inches) is about the same size as the Audi A6 (194″ L x 74″ W x 58″ H = 832,648 cubic inches), and the Audi A3 sedan (175″ L x 71″ W x 56″ = 695,800 cubic inches) is about 20% smaller.

I know there have been quotes stating the dimensions will be similar to that of the Audi A4, but in order to achieve the 20% smaller goal, the dimensions will likely be closer to those of the Audi A3 sedan.

I'm not sure about this, I've heard them say "20% smaller" and "20% lighter" They have recently said the size of an A4 and since they will have a prototype on the 31st I doubt that is wrong.

I too hope that it is a proper sedan. Here is a quick photoshop I made based on the event invite.View attachment 167275

Great work. I knew the Model X nose and headlights would look incredible on the Model S. I've said it before but I have a hunch the Model 3 front end nose was the instigator for the change on the Model X and will eventually make its way to the S.

Reactions: Tedkidd

I think Tesla is referring to volume, not physical dimensions calculations. Remember, these are engineers and they think on a different plane than most. They said many times it would be the size of a BMW 3 series or an Audi A4 so I'll take them on their word and not hang on the 20% smaller quote.

Reactions: Tedkidd
I think Tesla is referring to volume, not physical dimensions calculations. .

Yeah, the 20% smaller was essentially an off-hand remark (something like "We want to make it smaller than the S... maybe about 20% smaller or something"). And that number can mean volume or dimensions - note if the Model 3 was 20% smaller in each dimension it would be 0.8^3 = 51% of the volume, which would make it a small car.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker