TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

We want some Model 3 Leaks, renders, sketches !

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by vortexz, Nov 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. int32_t

int32_t Tesla Spotter

Let's go with that. I'd rather have family resemblance than something that doesn't look like other cars ...

+1 Instant sale -- I like it! :cool: (the old cool face looked better)

2. kaess

kaess Member

In terms of size, the Model S (196″ L x 77″ W x 57″ H = 860,244 cubic inches) is about the same size as the Audi A6 (194″ L x 74″ W x 58″ H = 832,648 cubic inches), and the Audi A3 sedan (175″ L x 71″ W x 56″ = 695,800 cubic inches) is about 20% smaller.

I know there have been quotes stating the dimensions will be similar to that of the Audi A4, but in order to achieve the 20% smaller goal, the dimensions will likely be closer to those of the Audi A3 sedan.

• Informative x 1
  3. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

Wow, cool site!

4. McHoffa

McHoffa EV.network

Here's a new front render, based on the infamous image from 60 minutes (center of pic below)
    9myO7CP.jpg
    tesla-design-studio-screen-cap-1.jpg

• Like x 7
  5. Tedkidd

Tedkidd Member

6. Tedkidd

Tedkidd Member

NICELY DONE!

7. ZAKEEUS

ZAKEEUS Member

I'm not sure about this, I've heard them say "20% smaller" and "20% lighter" They have recently said the size of an A4 and since they will have a prototype on the 31st I doubt that is wrong.

8. Sp4rky

Sp4rky Member

That is one mean looking car. I like it better than 99% of what I've seen so far!

9. zerokewl

zerokewl Member

so now that we have the silhouette from the invites and it looks identical to the model S are people changing their rendering ideas?

10. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

It's also the exact same size as the Model S, and we know that is not going to be the case, so I wouldn't read too much into the silhouette.

11. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

#991 JRP3, Mar 17, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
    Already posted and debunked. Not the 3.

Edit: Referenced post deleted.

12. Trev Page

Trev Page Member

Great work. I knew the Model X nose and headlights would look incredible on the Model S. I've said it before but I have a hunch the Model 3 front end nose was the instigator for the change on the Model X and will eventually make its way to the S.

• Like x 1
  13. Trev Page

Trev Page Member

I think Tesla is referring to volume, not physical dimensions calculations. Remember, these are engineers and they think on a different plane than most. They said many times it would be the size of a BMW 3 series or an Audi A4 so I'll take them on their word and not hang on the 20% smaller quote.

• Like x 1
  14. GregRF

GregRF Squirrel Power

Pucker Up!

15. JRmarquette

JRmarquette New Member

I hope it's more like the sedan vs first pic. That first one looked like a Pontiac Aztec.

16. erthquake

erthquake Active Member

That looks awesome. Though when I stare at it for a while, it looks a bit like a squashed chimp for Planet of the Apes.

What's the purpose of the air intakes on the ends of the bumper? Battery cooling? Otherwise I'd think they cut down on aerodynamics.

17. rnelsonee

rnelsonee Member

Yeah, the 20% smaller was essentially an off-hand remark (something like "We want to make it smaller than the S... maybe about 20% smaller or something"). And that number can mean volume or dimensions - note if the Model 3 was 20% smaller in each dimension it would be 0.8^3 = 51% of the volume, which would make it a small car.

• Like x 1
  18. McHoffa

McHoffa EV.network

It's a mix of these two pictures with slight changes to the angles and headlights
    frontLip_1.jpg
    section-exterior-primary-touch.jpg

19. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

Not bad. I could live with that. Like it better than some of the other renders which are just straight copies of the X.

20. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

Is this video real or fake?

• Disagree x 1