Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We want some Model 3 Leaks, renders, sketches !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 3 must look like a scaled down S. Simply because of present dimensions regarding the battery pack. Not to mention their overall aesthetics. The Bolt debuts at CES and official photos have already leaked. Gotta say, it's literally a more hideous version of the i3 from BMW.
Tesla would never alienate their public and design something as hideous as something like a little box on skinny wheels. Let the old school companies attempting to break into the market attempt that. Tesla has led the way in ground breaking design and implementation.
I expect about a 1/2-3/4 version of the model S. Which will sell by the bucket load if they can bring the cost within the 35G range. It'll have all the German makes running for the hills.

The 3 must look like a scaled down S. Simply because of present dimensions regarding the battery pack. Not to mention their overall aesthetics. The Bolt debuts at CES and official photos have already leaked. Gotta say, it's literally a more hideous version of the i3 from BMW.
Tesla would never alienate their public and design something as hideous as something like a little box on skinny wheels. Let the old school companies attempting to break into the market attempt that. Tesla has led the way in ground breaking design and implementation.
I expect about a 1/2-3/4 version of the model S. Which will sell by the bucket load if they can bring the cost within the 35G range. It'll have all the German makes running for the hills.

Yes to all except a scaled down Model S. Elon has said it will look like no other car on the market. This scares me a bit but I am holding hopes on his statement that it will not be a wierdmobile. I have confidence that it will be amazing.

I think the first and middle ones are the same design if I'm not wrong? For me that design doesn't work, too.. hmh... "toy-car-like" for my taste.
Yeah, they are. The wheels are way too big for that scale, which gives it a weird look, but I am looking more at the general body structure.

At any rate, I don't expect Tesla to let us down on the "good-looking" side of things, even if they venture into the unconventional.

Yes to all except a scaled down Model S. Elon has said it will look like no other car on the market. This scares me a bit but I am holding hopes on his statement that it will not be a wierdmobile. I have confidence that it will be amazing.

Plot twist.. Faraday Futures is the project name for Model 3...

Faraday-Future.jpg

The Model X is a bit of a weirdmobile IMO. People seem split 50/50 on the nose. I'm not a big fan of the nose, but the front windshield is very ugly IMO. Also very impractical if you're driving west in the late afternoon or east early in the morning.

The Model X is a bit of a weirdmobile IMO. People seem split 50/50 on the nose. I'm not a big fan of the nose, but the front windshield is very ugly IMO. Also very impractical if you're driving west in the late afternoon or east early in the morning.
I definitely agree on the nose. I think it would have looked better if it was smoothed out and didn't keep the residual shape of the S, but maybe that's gonna be a Tesla design language thing.

The windshield though I think is fantastic, though I've not ridden in an X yet, one will have the same problem in a conventional car at those times, since the sun is more directly horizontal.

Just wondering if you have first hand experience driving the X to know this or is this feedback from someone you know?

[/B]
Just wondering if you have first hand experience driving the X to know this or is this feedback from someone you know?

No, just my speculation. I'm looking at the layout. The visors are fairly small and when they are deployed, there is a large area above the visor that is uncovered window. Even if the visors rotated 180 degrees upward, it wouldn't cover the whole area to the top of the window. I have enough annoyance when driving west in the late afternoon with my current car with normal windshield and visors. There are gaps around the rear view mirror that sometimes becomes a major headache when the sun is in certain positions with respect to the car's direction. I'm just imagining the sun angle will be a problem even earlier in the afternoon than with a regular windshield.

There is a Youtube from a Model X owner who brings up this problem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr1a9cPsdv0&feature=youtu.be

No, just my speculation. I'm looking at the layout. The visors are fairly small and when they are deployed, there is a large area above the visor that is uncovered window. Even if the visors rotated 180 degrees upward, it wouldn't cover the whole area to the top of the window. I have enough annoyance when driving west in the late afternoon with my current car with normal windshield and visors. There are gaps around the rear view mirror that sometimes becomes a major headache when the sun is in certain positions with respect to the car's direction. I'm just imagining the sun angle will be a problem even earlier in the afternoon than with a regular windshield.

There is a Youtube from a Model X owner who brings up this problem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr1a9cPsdv0&feature=youtu.be

Looking at the window/windshield in that video, that's a problem I'll gladly accept!

More like the Model S, but shorter

View attachment 106877

Agreed.

This is still my favorite render. Just make mine a hard top convertible....

View attachment 103873

But ain't gonna happen ....