Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We were offered the Standard Range Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m writing the on behalf of my good friend. We just took delivery of our Performance Y and our friend got this text 30 minutes ago. They ordered in November for a Long Range. We are in the Dallas area. She will not be taking the offer, but thought you all would want to know what it looks like. $1k more than her LR reservation price. Insanity.
3546EDCB-C3DE-414B-A5BB-0BE4FF6D077A.jpeg
31776DAF-8E14-4131-86D6-D2C1B03BFAC7.jpeg

Reactions: CF22
Nobody is being forced to do anything, other than being given a choice to get earlier delivery.
Austin cars are supposed to be the newest versions of Model Y, which some people really want - its just a choice.
Do they want a Texas built car, the structural pack, latest cells, front/rear castings and all the latest versions of everything, traded off for less range.

I got the same offer, but my earliest EDD is November. I'm hoping for the best of both worlds. A Texas built car with all of the options I want.
Right now I'll stick with the original order, but if they offer me exactly my config . . .

Do you think if I order today that I will get an offer? Has any recent orders received this offer? It only seems orders from last year. I can sell my MYP for 6k profit to use it to effectively lower my Standard Range to about 54k-56k

Do you think if I order today that I will get an offer? Has any recent orders received this offer? It only seems orders from last year. I can sell my MYP for 6k profit to use it to effectively lower my Standard Range to about 54k-56k
I ordered in May, then started filling out the forms in the app, then a few weeks later got the offers. You just got to be sure you understand what it means to get an Austin car. Just remember to choose the option to take earlier delivery.
Upsides as mentioned earlier
Downside are everything to do with the first set of cars off the line, which is why they're only offering it to locals.
Thats also why you can't order one direct from the website.
It seems that they haven't made any with white seats yet and only in five seater, but I've been offered both 19 & 20" wheels, tow hitch and all colors so far.
Price is $2k less than the equivalent current Model Y-LR
After not waiting for the white seats with my Model 3 I'm determined to wait this time :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Brandonn22
I ordered in May, then started filling out the forms in the app, then a few weeks later got the offers. You just got to be sure you understand what it means to get an Austin car. Just remember to choose the option to take earlier delivery.
Upsides as mentioned earlier
Downside are everything to do with the first set of cars off the line, which is why they're only offering it to locals.
Thats also why you can't order one direct from the website.
It seems that they haven't made any with white seats yet and only in five seater, but I've been offered both 19 & 20" wheels, tow hitch and all colors so far.
Price is $2k less than the equivalent current Model Y-LR
After not waiting for the white seats with my Model 3 I'm determined to wait this time :D
If I can sell my Model Y then I will place a new order. Let’s see what happens.