Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We will need a lot more Service Centers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As another data point, SLC had its store/tiny service center open about a year and a half ago. Then a few months back they closed the service side of the combined location, and opened a separate, huge, service center. No fanfare, no coming soon on the website, just one day "oh, btw, make sure you bring your car to this new location a few blocks away."

So how do we lobby for a new service center? The Asheville, NC area is a hot spot for EVs and plug-ins. For example, the Ford dealer sells every CMax and Fusion Energi he can get. Plenty of Teslas around here. There is also an active EV club and charging infrastructure including a Supercharger. Charlotte is a bit far! Thoughts?

We are planning to move to Asheville from Austin, and I have a Model Y. I just discovered no service center yet. Yes, we definitely need to lobby to get some a Service Center in Asheville, I can't believe this post is from 2016. Charlotte is way too far, and new vehicles always need something. My Y is in the shop now for an AC & a little body/paint issue. No biggie as the center is reasonably close by.

We are planning to move to Asheville from Austin, and I have a Model Y. I just discovered no service center yet. Yes, we definitely need to lobby to get some a Service Center in Asheville, I can't believe this post is from 2016. Charlotte is way too far, and new vehicles always need something. My Y is in the shop now for an AC & a little body/paint issue. No biggie as the center is reasonably close by.
We do have local Mobile Service. Recently they had a pop-up service in Asheville for MCU3 upgrade. Charlotte is still a long way away but Asheville Mobile will work for nearly every service need. By the way Asheville is a great town.