Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got the 21 LR back in July and since day 1 or 2, the windshield wiper fluid barely came out. I pretty much topped it off and tried again with no change whatsoever. Is it normal for the fluid to not shoot out like it does in virtually every single car out there? It looks like a little stream just kind of dropping or trickling slowly.

Also, I hear clunking or metal sound every single time I drive. I noticed it occurring consistently whenever I (completely) let my foot off either pads or sometimes accelerating. I think it makes the sound at other times too whilst driving, but those do not happen frequently if I recall correctly.

My question is, are these two "issues" normal for this vehicle or if it's not, should I get it checked out by the service personnel?

I have a 2020 M3. Initially, I wasn't thrilled with the amount of washer fluid that came out, but I had to admit to myself that two pushes of the wiper button did do a very good job of cleaning my windshield, even in the winter when it would get spattered with a funky mix of dissolved road salt and sand. But then, I was coming from a Volvo XC 70. That car puts out a hell of a lot of fluid every time you push the button, but it doesn't't really clean the windshield any better than the Tesla does, and it seems to use. hell or a lot more fluid. So the really question for you is, How good a job is it doing of cleaning the windshield.
So I think the windshield washer situation might be normal, but that noise certainly isn't and you should make a service appointment for that at least.

Upvote 0