Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weak Windshield Wiper Spray - Normal or Service Call?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey there everyone. I think I may have found the first issue with my otherwise perfect Model Y P. I generally don't often use the windshield wiper sprayer, as it is a huge pet peeve of mine to have a dirty windshield, and regularly clean the windshield at home before taking off, not including the overspray that ends up on the paint.

I was recently on a roadtrip, and did indeed need to use the sprayer, to my disappointment, this is what I received.

The spray only comes from one area, and barely sprays enough to cover anything whatsoever. In fact, in the video you can see, I press the button several times, and on a couple of the presses, only a tiny amount of spray was released and the motor cut off early, in nearly half the time of the others.

At the end, you can see how the windshield washer fluid just pooled up below the windshield.

I just wanted to see if this is normal, or if this is something that is absolutely not normal (I hope this is the case) and just requires a mobile service call.

Thanks everyone.

Wiper fluid normally comes out from the wiper arms themselves. You probably have the tube disconnected underneath the frunk. You can either take out the frunk yourself and see, or contact service with "windshield washer not working properly, fluid pooling around bottom of windshield" and wait for them to send a mobile tech to help you.

There are likely some other threads here if you search for windshield washer hose disconnected, or something like that.

So just to clarify, other cars spray fluid over the entire window. My MY seems to pool the fluid at the base / along the wipers and then distribute it across the windshield when they swing. Is that normal?

A month ago I had an issue where I had to reconnect the tube under the frunk. It’s better than it was but not spraying all over. Thanks!

From the video it looks like only the driver's side wiper blade is releasing washer fluid onto the windshield. If you feel like getting your hands dirty you can remove the shroud under the hood. Follow the washer fluid lines back to where the the lines go into the pump for the washer fluid. Make sure that both the driver's side and passenger side washer fluid lines are connected. If both lines are connected then the passenger side wiper fluid dispenser is clogged. Else, open a service request using the Tesla app. Tesla Mobile Service should be able to fix.

You guys were spot on. Popped open the panel and there it was. Looks like it was never installed from the factory.

Inserted it and zip tied it to ensure it doesn’t get loose.

Hopefully my thread and these photos can be helpful to others in the future.

e536115d-c437-4c0b-aee2-769128b3b95c-jpeg.820841

065E668F-C3D8-4653-AB82-59119D45DB3A.jpeg

Attachments

• E536115D-C437-4C0B-AEE2-769128B3B95C.jpeg
    E536115D-C437-4C0B-AEE2-769128B3B95C.jpeg
    583.7 KB · Views: 732
Reactions: Cavity and nate704