Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wealth TV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I watched it. Was enjoyable but I don't think there was any new information for anything and the Model S they showed was the red prototype. I would have recorded it but I don't have a DVR or the software to capture it to my computer. Slackjaw, what cable provider do you have? I have FiOS and they have it, but it might not be in all their tiers.

-Shark2k

Thanks for the reports. Given our current status (holding pattern, ETA <2 wks) we probably would have watched it ten or twnety times over :biggrin:

... Slackjaw, what cable provider do you have? I have FiOS and they have it, but it might not be in all their tiers.

We've only got the [inappropriately named] Optimum Cable here. We happen to live on a street which seems to be the only street in Tenafly, or maybe Bergen County, with no fibre optic run. It's not a posh private street or anything, but it is very short and it joins two towns, I think maybe they couldn't be bothered with the paperwork/permits to lay the wires!

Don't know how much stuff you would want to get off your DVR, but there is this: Amazon.com: Hauppauge 1212 HD-PVR High Definition Personal Video Recorder: Electronics. It's a little less than $200 and you can record stuff from your DVR to your computer in HD. That is really the only way I know of. I believe the firewire ports on the DVRs are active and you might be able to use that but I'm not sure of how to.

@Slackjaw: Yeah, that sucks that FiOS isn't available in your area. My brother had Cablevision (they are not worthy of the other name :biggrin:) where he used to live and I am definitely not a fan of it. Maybe it will air again on Wealth TV after you get your Roadster and you can stop by my house to watch it and then take me for a spin :biggrin:, I'm a little less than an hour from you lol.

-Shark2k

@Slackjaw: Yeah, that sucks that FiOS isn't available in your area. My brother had Cablevision (they are not worthy of the other name :biggrin:) where he used to live and I am definitely not a fan of it. Maybe it will air again on Wealth TV after you get your Roadster and you can stop by my house to watch it and then take me for a spin :biggrin:, I'm a little less than an hour from you lol.

-Shark2k

We can certainly get together for a drive, I'll be looking for excuses to take ours out when it finally arrives... Already warned my boss "I might be taking a few odd days off, if the weather's nice..." :biggrin:

This is an older show . On May 28th there will be a new show that shows the factory in production , the show room in Newport which will include a complete tour of the S model and the first tim
a demonstration of Model X . Will also be broadcast in 3D.

This is an older show . On May 28th there will be a new show that shows the factory in production , the show room in Newport which will include a complete tour of the S model and the first tim
a demonstration of Model X . Will also be broadcast in 3D.

I watched it last night.

Very good, basically a 30 minute ad for Tesla. Consisted primarily of GeorgeB talking about philosophy and how the stores should work. Nothing really new about the cars but there were some awesome videos of Model S in production, and a good video of the touchscreen. A nice look at the Fashion Island store. Plenty to make a prospective buyer feel good! :)

Touchscreen notes: there's a few things in there that won't please everybody. Examples are two steps to adjust the pano roof and two steps to change ride height. I think that like many things the layout is going to become intuitive for users. I was a Blackberry fan 12 years then got my first iPhone recently, now after a couple of weeks with it I'd never go back!

Conclusion: the factory video alone is worth taking the time to watch the whole program! In total it's a good look inside Tesla's customer philosophy. Perfect for anyone sitting on the fence or trying to persuade their spouse/partner that the Model S is a good buy.

using search function on Wealth... : :wink:

Episode: Tesla: The Wait is Over
When: December 31st, 2012 at 10:00 PM ET
When: January 5th, 2013 at 7:00 AM ET
When: January 5th, 2013 at 9:00 PM ET
When: January 22nd, 2013 at 11:00 PM ET
When: January 23rd, 2013 at 3:00 AM ET

Episode: Tesla Motors
When: January 13th, 2013 at 12:30 PM ET
When: January 14th, 2013 at 1:30 AM ET

Episode: Tesla: A Game Changer
When: January 13th, 2013 at 1:00 PM ET