TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Wearable MRI device that can read and write thoughts ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ovulation, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Ovulation

Ovulation Member

I just got in the rabbit hole of brain computer interfaces and stumbled over this.
    Wearable MRI
    Our goal is to create a wearable to enable us to see the inner workings of the body and brain at high resolution. Using novel opto-electronics we aim to replace the functionality of MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) with a true wearable enabling constant monitoring. Implications are broad for detection and treatment of cancer, cardiovascular diseases, internal bleeding, mental diseases, neurodegenerative diseases, and beyond - for communication via thought.

The founder seems credible (former Occulus exec and so on), here she describes the tech at MIT

A longer and more recent interview (she also has some criticism for Elons approach)

My mind is blown, let's see if she is able to pull it off

• Love x 1
  2. FlyF4

FlyF4 Member

"Wearable device that can read and write thoughts?" I got one of those already. Called a wife. She constantly hangs on to me and seems to know what I am thinking. :rolleyes:

• Funny x 1