Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weather App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
someone with some pull tweet Elon to develop a weather app. I have found myself wanting to monitor the weather on road trips and the daily drive to kids activities. Unfortunately weather.com loads too much crap to be effective in the browser. Anyone have a stop gap solution? I want some radar.

someone with some pull tweet Elon to develop a weather app. I have found myself wanting to monitor the weather on road trips and the daily drive to kids activities. Unfortunately weather.com loads too much crap to be effective in the browser. Anyone have a stop gap solution? I want some radar.

I thought I saw leaked photos of the upcoming 8.0 release integrating weather radar as another layer (like traffic and satellite now) on the NAV? I hope I did because that would be awesome.

In the meantime, you are right, the browser is so slow and websites such as WxUgrd have so much crap on them that it is too slow to be of much use.

I use Intellicast for this purpose. Pretty good for a quick visual on current conditions and forecast (3 view options). I've saved my location as a favorite. Not sure you can get radar as the browser seems to interpret this as streaming content.