Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weather delay?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is weather delay a thing? I feel like it’s a lie from Tesla.

I ordered a model Y in early July. Same experience as everyone else: original timeline was 4-8 weeks, then it delivery estimate kept moving.

Finally got a note saying my car would be here by Nov 19. I got a VIN. I was contacted by the Tesla team, they quickly took my large down payment, and then I got to schedule the exact date and time for Nov 21.

In order to take delivery, I had a family member drive down on Nov 20 (today) and they were gonna stay at the house and give me the hour long ride to Tesla to get my car tomorrow.

Then they called today at 1200 to say my car has a Weather Delay and won’t be here until Wednesday NOV 24. Not much I can do about that but say ok, I’ll be there.

I am not sure of any severe weather right now. Also unsure how that turns into a four day delay. Now my Thanksgiving travel plans are delayed so I have to shift my travel plans. Also, my insurance is already set to start on the car for tomorrow and it’s too complicated to make that change. So now I’m throwing money away because of Teslas inability to manage delivery. Also, they took my large payment over a week ago!

I mentioned that to the Tesla team member that called me with this bad news and she said “oh well we can delay your delivery date.” Not doing that because who knows how long that could be.

Obviously venting a bit, but also wondering if anyone else has experienced a weather delay like this. Is it normal for Tesla to make zero concessions to help the customer when they mess up this bad (less than 24 hr notice of delay). I and my family member now have to miss extra time from work and have both lost money because of this…they took my money quick but failed to deliver. Is it normal to not provide anything to the customer here?

Again, just venting but interested to hear someone else’s opinion about the weather delay excuse.

Now that I’m reading other posts, my VIN is in the group that is affected by the missing USB ports. Do you guys think they delayed my car so they could fix the ports before delivery?

Or should I expect a late car plus missing ports? It’s weird dealing with a company that you throw $60K at and they have such poor communication

What's the group of VIN that is affected by the missing USB ports?

I'm not sure if mine is a similar incident but I got my VIN earlier this month and my model Y was supposed to be delivered on 11/21/21. On the day of the delivery, I got an email from Tesla Team saying the service team needed more time with the car in order to pass inspection. They pushed out the delivery date to 11/30 which I said ok too. Then I got an updated message today saying that they'll postpone the delivery date yet again to next week on 12/5. Definitely not happy with the last minute delays that's been happening over and over.