TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Weather or not

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by psingram, Mar 31, 2015.

1. psingram

psingram Member

Apr 14, 2014
    Ferndale, WA
    Just a question for all you techies out there. I have no idea how or even if this could work, only that I have it on our Goldwing.
    Is it / could it be possible for a future update to overlay weather info on the nav. screen?? On the bike it is a Godsend to be able to see what you are riding into, would be nice in the S just for info.
  2. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Jun 24, 2014
    Santa Cruz Mountains, USA
    I am sure that it is possible. It would be great to have. Especially if they could (and I am sure they can) calc that into range estimates. Head wind, tail wind, temp, rain and snow all make a huge difference in your actual range.
  3. Blu Zap

Blu Zap Grinning member

Oct 1, 2014
    San Rafael, CA
    This capability is in 6.2. The range calculation accesses the internet for weather, wind and other factors that effect range. As far as I can see, it doesn't tell you the details. It just adjusts the projected range accordingly.