Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weather Protected Wall Connector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone... new M3P owner here. I recently ordered the wall connector and I'm scheduled to receive it on Monday. Unfortunately, I live in Miami, FL without a garage and I am a little concerned about the wall connector being exposed to the elements. I know its weather rated but still worried. I was wondering if anyone has any pictures of the wall connector installed inside a weather proof box.

I live in Saint Pete, FL and mine has been mounted on the side of my house, completely out in the open for 3.25 years. It even faces west which means it gets the late afternoon sun beating down on it. No issues at all. You see destination chargers at hotels in Florida and there is no issues there either (well, other than the customers beating them to crap and cracking the plastic). Honestly, it's nothing to worry about. The box isn't necessary but could provide some protection perhaps for plastic brittling.

Reactions: Rocky_H
The HPWC is indeed weather rated, and short of a flood the interior will stay completely dry. There's a plastic cover beneath the glass that's compressing a continuous bead of rubber gasket material. The following post has a teardown with pictures.

Reactions: Rocky_H