Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weather Radar on Navigation Map?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK... I'm a Meteorologist so I'm totally bias... But man I would love to see an option if you have premium connectivity to have the near live radar on the navigation map as a layer.

yeah, I know I can use the browser to go to a website and see the radar- but man that's slow, not easy to zoom in, etc.

AND I know this means they would have to pay for some outfit to allow them access to their radar imaging graphics so it could be put on the map.

But wouldn't it be great to see snow or ice coming in?... maybe plan a southern (but longer) route in the winter if you see some bad weather coming. Or plan your supercharging around it- looks like really bad thunderstorms... I'll just supercharge for the next 20 mins and let them pass...

I'm a total Tesla newbie- so I have no idea how to ask for a feature... Any suggestions? Or if someone on this forum as an "in"- please ask them for me? you can take the credit :).

Am I crazy or would that be a great feature.

I think it was Tezlab that would load your profile in the browser and track your car with radar updating every few minutes. I cant remember because my MCU1 web browser doesn't load anything any more. I liked it when I had it working for sure.