Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weather stripping protectant

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait until the weather stripping and gaskets start to dry rot and shrink in a few years. Scratch that. Almost forgot that most on here will offload their current-gen EVs before that happens.

That's why Model 3/Y owners should periodically apply a rubber seal conditioner such as Nextzett Gummi Pflege (Gummi Pflege Rubber Care Stick) in order to condition and maintain the critical seals in a frameless door design.

That's why Model 3/Y owners should periodically apply a rubber seal conditioner such as Nextzett Gummi Pflege (Gummi Pflege Rubber Care Stick) in order to condition and maintain the critical seals in a frameless door design.

Yep. It also prevents the rubber from cracking which can happen quite fast, particularly for the parts that are exposed to the sun/elements. Nextzett is great, as is 303 Aerospace Protectant.

Reactions: ColoradoMike
Indeed, been using that Nextzett product for decades... back when the brand name was still Einszett and originally only sold in Bundesrepublik Deutschland during West Germany days.

This 303 equivalent works great too:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T44D1R2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_oOYNFbZ66FNWD?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

The issue is most on here and almost all off here will never use this. Instead, trade in or sell their run-down Model 3/Ys in a few years.

Indeed, been using that Nextzett product for decades... back when the brand name was still Einszett and originally only sold in Bundesrepublik Deutschland during West Germany days.

This 303 equivalent works great too:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T44D1R2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_oOYNFbZ66FNWD?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

The issue is most on here and almost all off here will never use this. Instead, trade in or sell their run-down Model 3/Ys in a few years.
You seem to be upset that folks might not keep their cars until they can appear on the antiquities roadshow special. I’ve found that most people in this forum care (possibly too) passionately about their Teslas, not sure that anyone is abusing them unnecessarily. Fwiw, I like the idea of conditioning the rubber but that’s maybe just a fetish.

I use Gummi Pflege, but I'm not concerned about having the seals prematurely age. I figure in a few years, they'll have a version 2 or 3 of the seals, that seal better than the original ones. They already have new side windows that are "acoustic" laminated, and might be retrofittable.

Wait until the weather stripping and gaskets start to dry rot and shrink in a few years. Scratch that. Almost forgot that most on here will offload their current-gen EVs before that happens.

My M3 is 2.5 years old (44k miles) and is always parked in the sun. I've never done anything to the seals. They look fine to me and no water gets in when I wash with the pressure washer. What should I be looking for?

My M3 is 2.5 years old (44k miles) and is always parked in the sun. I've never done anything to the seals. They look fine to me and no water gets in when I wash with the pressure washer. What should I be looking for?
All you need to do is look at the X as an example. That model has a crap ton of seals and they do age and go bad bad.

I don't know about the other product mentioned above, but I do use 303 which works well on all plastics.