Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WeatherTech Cargo liner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see that WeatherTech now has their Cargo/Trunk Liner now available
2020 Tesla Model Y | Cargo Mat and Trunk Liner for Cars SUVs and Minivans | WeatherTech

While WeatherTech isn't my first choice for the front liners, I think this might be a good option for the cargo area. However I'm not sure it can fold for ease of under cargo area storage access.

Does anyone have this liner for their Model Y they can share their opinion or installed pictures of?

I have one in my car. No picture, but I like it. I also have the Tesla branded one (made by WeatherTech) in my M3. The M3 one is nicer only because it has a little cutout for pulling up the rear deck cover. On the MY I have not found that it is a big hindrance to getting under the big rear deck. It does make access to the mid-storage area more difficult but that is probably true of any liner.

I have the WeatherTech floor mats as well. I live in snow country and they do the job. I have no great love for them but I do not hate them either.

• Informative
Reactions: RickB23
Based on the photos (the specific one for the Model Y) directly from the manufacturer it has no provision for lifting up the rear hatch.
I never cared for their hard plastic material (I've had their mats in my last 3 cars).. .makes them look like a $19.95 Walmart floor mat and the hard, slippery plastic lets the cargo slip all over the place.
I bought the GM brand cargo mat for my Bolt and it was some really nice quality, heavy, thick silicone rubber material. It probably weighs 20lbs compared to the 2lb Weathertech mat I had in my Prius, It also stays pliable even in the coldest temps. I have it in the back of my MY now, being mostly flexible rubber- you can pick up the rear hatch without pulling up the whole mat. It's not a perfect fit for the MY cargo area, it's about 1/2" wide at two areas and doesn't reach the rear seats.. but it's much nicer than the Weathertech cargo mat and doesn't let my cargo skid all over the area.
Given the hard plastic material Weathertech uses.. I would keep looking for something better for the cargo area.

I have one in my car. No picture, but I like it. I also have the Tesla branded one (made by WeatherTech) in my M3. The M3 one is nicer only because it has a little cutout for pulling up the rear deck cover. On the MY I have not found that it is a big hindrance to getting under the big rear deck. It does make access to the mid-storage area more difficult but that is probably true of any liner.

I have the WeatherTech floor mats as well. I live in snow country and they do the job. I have no great love for them but I do not hate them either.
Do you have any pictures? I have the 3d Maxpider back there and hate it. I have the Tesla (WeatherTech) in my Model S and liked it a lot. I think I'm going to switch.

Here’s my WeatherTech Cargo liner. As mentioned above, you have to remove it to get to the under floor storage, mainly the shallow one. You can still get into the deeper one without removing the liner if there’s nothing on it.
700444D5-DF96-49F8-A79B-CE7403B78B04.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: RickB23