Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WeatherTech custom (Floorliner?) mats delayed 6-8 more weeks.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke with Carla at Weathertech yesterday (yes, they are open on Sundays). I asked her to give me the real scoop on what's going on with the all-weather mats for the Model X. She admitted that they have not gotten an update from the design team since APRIL!!

She said the only way to contact them is by email, so she will email them and ask for an update on when they expect them to hit the market. She hopes to have a reply by Wednesday. I will follow up Thursday morning if I don't hear back from her by COB Wednesday.

It looks like I may have to buy something else...just can't keep hanging on indefinitely....but I love Weathertech products, so I'll give them a chance once the final verdict is issued.

So here is the response I got from Weathertech...the most detailed so far...

Good afternoon,

My name is Carla from WeatherTech. Per our conversation last week, per our contractual agreement with Tesla, the WeatherTech FloorLiner version will not be available for sale until Feb 2017 with us directly. However, once they are available in approximately 4 to 6 weeks you can order them through Tesla. The liner ordered through them will have the Tesla logo, in February 2017, when they are released through us directly they will have the WeatherTech logo.

Please contact your Tesla dealership for ordering information. Our records show that our Product Development Team is waiting for Tesla approval to release them.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Carla Valenzuela
CSR

AzAJU7jrin7RSLswbO60K3F-r7iSpoBU9rbkEoyLgVehtW4vyMaloPmdr6iiWfynynrzLR0HfMrWHsmmnI-dxVkZzeh4TsPQzvZmtFrRcI4=s0-d-e1-ft

WeatherTech.com

I forwarded this email to [email protected] to see if they could provide more information...trying to hold on!!!

One of the downsides of Tesla being headquartered in socal. In Denver, we will have our first snow in the next 5-6 weeks. No way I can wait until February for all-weather mats. I took delivery of my X in April and weathered through 3 decent snows before spring and it wasn't fun with carpet mats.

One of the downsides of Tesla being headquartered in socal. In Denver, we will have our first snow in the next 5-6 weeks. No way I can wait until February for all-weather mats. I took delivery of my X in April and weathered through 3 decent snows before spring and it wasn't fun with carpet mats.
Amen to that. If Tesla does not have them available until late October, the Colorado snow may already be falling before they get here.

My wife has an all-weather mat in the back of her MDX that folds if she has the third row up and lays flat when the third row is down...too much to hope for with the WeatherTech Model X mats?

Weathertech has been sending that message since last December. I got sick and just picked up EvEverything's set and honestly I am pretty impressed with the quality. Don't really care about the "lip" anymore as the holes in these mats hold fluids really well and they don't look like cheap plastic like the Weathertech mats. Another owner feels the same way I guess:
Check out the pics here:

All-Weather Model X (6 or 7-passenger) Custom Set (Over 400 sets sold)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-01 at 4.33.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-01 at 4.33.05 PM.png
    61.5 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: ModelX
Weathertech has been sending that message since last December. I got sick and just picked up EvEverything's set and honestly I am pretty impressed with the quality. Don't really care about the "lip" anymore as the holes in these mats hold fluids really well and they don't look like cheap plastic like the Weathertech mats. Another owner feels the same way I guess:
Check out the pics here:

All-Weather Model X (6 or 7-passenger) Custom Set (Over 400 sets sold)

Do the EVeverything mats come with a mat for the trunk well?

I don't care for the look of the dimpled mats and hope WeatherTech gets their act together before winter arrives. Whether they are sold through Tesla or direct doesn't matter.
I emailed the accessories department at Tesla this afternoon. Hopefully they can shed some light on the hold up...and let us know when they will appear on the website to purchase!

I emailed the accessories department at Tesla this afternoon. Hopefully they can shed some light on the hold up...and let us know when they will appear on the website to purchase!
Here is the reply I received today, from Tesla:

Thank you for contacting Tesla Motors. Unfortunately, we do not have any updates to provide on the availability of the Model X All-Weather Floor Mats. Once they are available, they will appear on the Tesla Gear site for purchase. You will also have the option of purchasing directly through a Service Center location as well.

We apologize that we do not have any additional information at this time.

Best,

http://shop.teslamotors.com

p 510.896.6412 | e [email protected]