Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WeatherTech floor mats are in development

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even though I am in SoCal and I have not received my P90D yet, I am going to install the floor mats in my X. I contacted them today and this is the response that I received.

Thank you for your interest with WeatherTech.

The mats for the Tesla X are currently in development in our studio. We expect to see this item become available in approximately 8-10 weeks. We will keep your information on file and contact you when the parts are available. If you have any further questions, please feel free to let us know.

Thank you!

• Informative
Reactions: WABarb
WeatherTech mats are the way to go, I have the full set for my Model S and I love them.

One of the things I did not like about the weather tech mats in my Prius v is it impeded access to the compartment under the 'floor' of the trunk area. Given that compartment is much larger and more useful even in the Tesla, how does it work with the weather tech stuff in the S?

I don't have any issues getting into the footwell in the back, the mats aren't overly heavy and fold over without issue. I love having the mat in the back, I don't hesitate to use the trunk for just about everything, including hauling wood. I routinely use the footwell to stash groceries. The most annoying thing is forgetting to put the privacy screen back down.
One of the things I did not like about the weather tech mats in my Prius v is it impeded access to the compartment under the 'floor' of the trunk area. Given that compartment is much larger and more useful even in the Tesla, how does it work with the weather tech stuff in the S?

I don't have any issues getting into the footwell in the back, the mats aren't overly heavy and fold over without issue. I love having the mat in the back, I don't hesitate to use the trunk for just about everything, including hauling wood. I routinely use the footwell to stash groceries. The most annoying thing is forgetting to put the privacy screen back down.
On the current SUV I have the seating area mats are a lot thicker than the back mat. The back one also is more like a tray with sides that come up about 1". These two features make it work really well in situations you describe. The mat is tough enough to haul wood and other stuff, but flexible to fold when accessing the compartment underneath as well as when I need to unfold the 3rd row of seats.

Here is hoping the Model X mats are like that.

You can asked to be placed on their notification list. I contacted them about a month ago and they put me on the list to e-mail when available.

I emailed them and they said they are not taking names for notification, but that we should just keep checking their website for availability. I love Weather Tech products and have had them in all of my cars for years, but I thought that response was somewhat lame.

I emailed them and they said they are not taking names for notification, but that we should just keep checking their website for availability. I love Weather Tech products and have had them in all of my cars for years, but I thought that response was somewhat lame.
Weird. For me, they responded to my ticket with a note that they were in design and they would contact me when ready, it was accompanied by a separate email from their inquiry system noting my request.

see my original post, all I did was send in a question about if/when they would be releasing a set of mats for the X. They replied that they would let me know when they were released.

I cheated a bit. I bought the cabin mats (front seats and rear seat) from Tesla and then bought the "trunk" mat directly from WeatherTech. I didn't really have a need for a frunk mat or the rear cargo well and I saved some money going direct. Both sets are great and easy to clean (and they are not too heavy). Just a note: as of today, WeatherTech is still developing the Model X mats, they are not available on the website yet.

if history is any indication - Tesla will sell the floor mats - but they will be made by Weathertech - my Model S floor mats (all weather rubber) were made by Weathertech - but exclusively available via the Tesla online order site.

(For the MS) I believe the all weather mats were (or are) available at the service centers.

Any updates on the status of the all-weather mats, I would like to have one before delivery.

Also, can I avoid shipping cost by shipping to the service center at: shop.teslamotors.com? With all of the items I need $120 seems to be "ludicrous" for standard ground shipping.

Any updates on the status of the all-weather mats, I would like to have one before delivery.

Also, can I avoid shipping cost by shipping to the service center at: shop.teslamotors.com? With all of the items I need $120 seems to be "ludicrous" for standard ground shipping.

Almost 2 years ago, when I bought my Model S all weather mats, my local service center had them in stock. Saving me the shipping cost.

But they might not be shipped to the SC'ers right away.

Depending on what else you are ordering, I would check with a local service center to see if they have it in stock.

I bought Weather Tech's black rubber generic mats for $49.95 for a set of 4. They fit fine and are a bargain compared to what they are going to get for custom MX mats. They are easy to trim and available now from either Weather Tech direct or AutoZone.

I might buy the custom ones for the trunk and frunk when they are available since I haven't found any generic ones that work.