TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

WeatherTech FloorLiner now available for Model S

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by ggulik, Oct 10, 2013.

1. ggulik

ggulik Member

2. Shumdit

Shumdit Member

These are the exact ones that Tesla sells for $50 less for the set. The one thing Tesla is not charging too much for! Lol

3. paco3791

paco3791 TMC OG

I will also add that your local Service center may have a limited supply of the Tesla branded weathertech floor-mats. Saves the shipping cost which is substantial from the Tesla web site. Grabbed a set when I took delivery of my car on Wednesday. They're really nice! they come with a set of screw in plastic carpet anchors for the drivers side mat but... honestly I tried to put the anchor in and I don't really think there is enough carpet there to make these anchors worth while, I tried to screw mine in per the included instructions and I just got a bent anchor tip for my troubles. that being said, So far, I haven't missed the anchors at all. mats are a great fit for the car and stay in place just fine with out any supplemental attachments. All set for the coming Chicago winter!

4. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

The WeatherTechs I had in my last car used the OEM carpet hooks, but I felt it was overkill since they are made so perfectly to fit into the floor pan. I don't intend on installing the hooks that came with my Tesla-branded WeatherTechs, and based on your note it sounds like a good plan!

I bought Lloyd's carpet summer mats that also came with screw-in carpet hooks and didn't use them. (They go in a different spot than the WeatherTech hooks). The Lloyds do slip a bit without the hooks, but I can live with that. I may just put some self-stick velcro on the back.

5. texex91

texex91 Banned

Think I'm going to grab a Tesla one for trunk. Just installed the 'net' for the frunk--works great.

6. caddieo

caddieo Member

I don't like to give my car holes it was not born with so I did not use the screw anchors. The fit is pretty good with minimal sliding/wiggling which I readily fixed with Velcro under the left foot rest.