Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weathertech mats now available for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased the Tesla (WeatherTech) Frunk and Trunk mats when I picked up our M3 and also a set of the Lloyd mats for the interior as a cheap alternative until the WeatherTech Mats are available. I did the same thing when we purchased our MX - worked out great. They are cheap and do a decent job until I get my matching Tesla mats. I actually find that I like to use the Lloyds in the spring/summer and the WeatherTechs in the Fall/Winter. I find the the Lloyds are easier to get in and out for cleaning and the side walls on the WeatherTechs are great for the snow in the Winter. So I actually use both sets in my X, and will likely do the same in my 3 once the WeatherTechs are available.

I posted pics in another thread:

3D Maxpider Kagu Mats for Model 3

How do the Weathertech cargo mats compare to the Tesla units? The frunk Tesla mat is quite a bit cheaper than the Weathertech, so I'd be tempted that way, and the Weathertech in the back. Unless one is significantly better than the other??

Sorry if this was posted somewhere else but thought i would share. For those who are waiting for the custom fit weather tech liners I reached out and they said that while they did not have an estimate in their system that i should fill out a product request form so that they know about the desire and it can bump up priority. Hopefully the more people that do it, the quicker they get made.

New Product Updates | WeatherTech

Reactions: untilcomplete
Sorry if this was posted somewhere else but thought i would share. For those who are waiting for the custom fit weather tech liners I reached out and they said that while they did not have an estimate in their system that i should fill out a product request form so that they know about the desire and it can bump up priority. Hopefully the more people that do it, the quicker they get made.

DONE!

The email I go from weathertech IRT floor mats.

Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. We do have the option for the Floor Liners for the 2018 Model 3 in development. They are currently in the design stage. There is no specific date for availability. We should have them available for purchase in the coming months. I am going to put in a product request form for you so that you will be notified via e-mail when the liners are available for purchase. Thank you again for your inquiry and please let me know if you have any other questions.

I actually reached out a couple days ago and got a similar email:

Thank you for your interest in WeatherTech! Unfortunately we do not currently offer the Floor Liners or All Weather Mats for the 2018 Tesla Model 3 at this time. I did check our manufacturing system, but I was not unable to get a release date for you. However, you can help make this product a priority for our product development team by submitting a product request form through our website here: New Product Updates | WeatherTech.

Product request form submitted.

The email I go from weathertech IRT floor mats.

Hello,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. We do have the option for the Floor Liners for the 2018 Model 3 in development. They are currently in the design stage. There is no specific date for availability. We should have them available for purchase in the coming months. I am going to put in a product request form for you so that you will be notified via e-mail when the liners are available for purchase. Thank you again for your inquiry and please let me know if you have any other questions.
Yeah, same canned response I received from them 2 months ago. I’m going with the Kagu Maxpider 3D mats (if they ever get here)

Reactions: Tezlah
How do the Weathertech cargo mats compare to the Tesla units? The frunk Tesla mat is quite a bit cheaper than the Weathertech, so I'd be tempted that way, and the Weathertech in the back. Unless one is significantly better than the other??
From the bottom of the Tesla mats:
IMG_1551.jpg

Huh?

I see them listed as $70 (frunk) and $130 (trunk) on Tesla.com, and $110 (frunk) and $130 (trunk) on Weathertech.com.

Model 3 All-Weather Cargo Mats

2018 Tesla Model 3 | Cargo Mat and Trunk Liner for Cars SUVs and Minivans | WeatherTech

And I think Tesla has free shipping whereas Weathertech does not.

I show $105 and $160 on the Tesla sight. and Weathertech at $110 and $130. I think the price changes every so often. Kind of like an Amazon seller who raises prices based on inventory and demand.