Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weathertech vs Tesla. Who has compared Model 3 cargo mats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you ever go to the beach 100% 20 times over - that stupid fine sand is terrible getting out of carpets.
Or hiking or camping or.... anything. Yeah, I've had weathertech cargo mats in all of my cars for.... well, probably ever since they've been made. I can't imagine not having them. Unless, I guess, I only used a car for commuting with nothing else in it... which would sure be a waste of a good car!

I bought Tuxmats for the interior of my Model 3. I've held off buying a trunk all weather mat because we use the deep section of the trunk under the removable piece all the time. If we had an all weather mat over top, it would be much harder and inconvenient to get at this "lower trunk". I was hoping there would be some sort of all weather mat with an opening to get at this lower trunk. Are any model 3 owners aware of an all weather trunk mat that can do this?
Thanks

I bought Tuxmats for the interior of my Model 3. I've held off buying a trunk all weather mat because we use the deep section of the trunk under the removable piece all the time. If we had an all weather mat over top, it would be much harder and inconvenient to get at this "lower trunk". I was hoping there would be some sort of all weather mat with an opening to get at this lower trunk. Are any model 3 owners aware of an all weather trunk mat that can do this?
Thanks
That lower trunk has a little leather latch attached to it so when you place the cargo map over it you can still access the lower trunk easily with that little latch.

Thanks
I also use the deep section of trunk on almost every drive. And I have a cargo mat. I can assure you that while it may not be quite as convenient as having no mat, it is not "much harder an inconvenient to get at this lower trunk." It's really a non-issue. The mat flexes so easily that you just ignore it. The loop still sits there handy to pull, and when you pull the mat bends, and the lid opens, and you access what you need.

So there's really no reason to wait for a mat with an "opening" IMO. That opening would severely compromise the "all weather" and waterproof aspect of the mat.

Now... what I want is a custom-fit, plastic liner (with handles!) for that deep section. That would be the bomb.

I wish someone made carpet rear cargo mats. The rear material is absolute junk and gets damaged with the smallest items but a nice carpet mat would be a nice option as I don't need plastic.
I agree that high-end carpeted mats would sure be nice for those people (or for those times) when "all weather" is not needed. Carpet always looks better than the plastic. At least after that first dusty footprint on the plastic. :)

I agree that high-end carpeted mats would sure be nice for those people (or for those times) when "all weather" is not needed. Carpet always looks better than the plastic. At least after that first dusty footprint on the plastic. :)

Yes and it deadens down the sound. I can't believe no one makes them and the stuff there now is like spray on coating. Cars used to have nice carpet that lasted not foam board with crape paper.

Reactions: super20g
Yes and it deadens down the sound. I can't believe no one makes them and the stuff there now is like spray on coating. Cars used to have nice carpet that lasted not foam board with crape paper.
Agreed again. Heck, my "cheap" Toyotas have all had good quality mats (that of course the dealer always charged me extra for). But they've lasted impressively. One set as long as 18 years and 200,000 miles.

I have TuxMats installed throughout the interior. Very happy with the fit and protection with the exception of how the inner wall lays against the center console in front. In short...it doesn't. I am going to fix that however with carpet tape and industrial velcro strips. Great protection though.

Dan

The 3d MaxPider mats are much better than the Weather Techs in regards to fit. I never had a weathrtech tuck up against the trim pieces like they do. I'm going to order the MaxPider rear mat for mine. I never use the frunk. Just another input!

Oem carpet is garbage there was a significant wear hole caused by my heal due to the 450 drive home from pickup. It didn't even last though the first road trip.

I want TWO rear trunk mats. One for when the rear seat is not folded forward, and the other to cover the rear seat back when it is folded forward. That's so I can put my bicycle in the trunk without causing damage. However, I am unable one designed to cover the seat back. Am I the only one here who rides a bicycle?
I use a mover’s blanket when I transport a bicycle. It’s wider than the trunk, so it even protects the sides of the trunk from the bicycle. And depending on how thick of a blanket you buy, it can roll up in the sub trunk when not in use.