TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Web App for Viewing TeslaCam Videos

Discussion in 'Model S' started by jdeskins, May 6, 2019.

1. jdeskins

jdeskins Member

I created a web application for viewing my TeslaCam dashboard and Sentry video clips that I would like to share and get feedback. Works on Mac or Windows using Chrome or IE browsers.

TeslaCam Viewer

The app uses your local file system and browser - so nothing to install or upload. Click Choose Files button and select all the mp4 video files within a directory and the app will play the videos from the left, front, and right cameras simultaneously on the screen. Click the speed button to cycle through 1x, 3x or 10x speeds. Will play all the one-minute videos in order by timestamp in the filename.

Let me know any thoughts if this is useful or ideas to make it better. It would be nice if this would just work from the Tesla browser in the car and have access to the files directly mounted from the USB TeslaCam directory.

[​IMG]

• Love x 15
    • Like x 6
    • Helpful x 2
  2. jdeskins

jdeskins Member

should have been "dashcam"

3. jdeskins

jdeskins Member

Sample demo video.

• Like x 1
  4. BrainCandy

BrainCandy Member

Very cool! Nice work @jdeskins. Thanks for sharing. This should make searching through all that Sentry Mode footage a breeze!

5. quickstrike12

quickstrike12 Member

wow @jdeskins
    this little tool of yours is a lifesaver. i have been playing with sentry mode today a bit trying to understand what's happening with the files and the logic behind their thinking(not sure there is any) and being able too scan through a long list of files quickly is amazing. great job with this

6. bookiepilot69

bookiepilot69 Member

This is really great! Thanks much!

7. shimmy

shimmy Member

This is very useful, thank you. If you're taking feature suggestions, would love to be able to combine or export the 3 files into one video...

subscribed to thread for updates

• Like x 1
  8. SpudLime

SpudLime Active Member

wow, awesome!

9. liuping

liuping Active Member

Hopefully someday we get something like this on the Tesla browser, combined with an "upload to the cloud" button, so we can easily save the clips we want.

10. jdeskins

jdeskins Member

Here's some of the updates to the web app since initial release.
    • Enlarge any camera video by clicking on it. Return to side-by-side layout by clicking the enlarged video.
    • Go directly to a point in time by clicking on the timestamp from the list.
    • Resize the videos automatically when resizing the browser window.
    • Improved timestamp format
    TeslaCam Video WebApp Player

• Like x 2
  11. quickstrike12

quickstrike12 Member

just kicked a couple bucks in towards it. I think its great and will use it.
    good luck

• Like x 1
  12. jdeskins

jdeskins Member

Thanks very much!

13. SoCal Buzz

SoCal Buzz Supporting Member

WOW, this is really fantastic! Great idea and nice design. Keep up the good work!

14. SoCal Buzz

Regarding feature requests, I suggest a button to rewind 15 seconds, enabling easy replay when you've been scanning at 10x to find something. This is a super helpful website, nice job.

• Like x 1
  15. jdeskins

jdeskins Member

I just came across the need to easily rewind a few seconds myself while using the site.

I've been going through a lot of my Sentry Mode saved clips from over the last week. I'm surprised to see how close some cars get when pulling into a parking spot beside me. Saw one where there had to be less of an inch clearance from an SUV's front bumper going along the side of my door. Luckily it didn't make contact. There was no way that driver could see how close he really was. I think I'm going to park further away than I have been.

16. SoCal Buzz

#16 SoCal Buzz, May 17, 2019
    Last edited: May 17, 2019
    On the downside, you could easily develop parking paranoia by watching what goofs do around our cars! Kind of like when you park in a spot, then walk out later to find the beater mini-van or construction truck saddled up close.

17. rfmurphy81

rfmurphy81 Member

This is awesome! Thanks so much for putting it together.

18. Jedi2155

Jedi2155 Model 3 has Arrived.

Some ability to rewind or to seek within a video (like specify the second within the clip) would be nice! Awesome work though! Would be great if it could eventually combine videos too using
    ehendrix23/tesla_dashcam

19. SuitNtie

SuitNtie Member

20. Mike Robinson

Mike Robinson Member

When I start the app, the black screen comes up, text appears, then the app closes. How can I fix this??