Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Web App for Viewing TeslaCam Videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I created a web application for viewing my TeslaCam dashboard and Sentry video clips that I would like to share and get feedback. Works on Mac or Windows using Chrome or IE browsers.

TeslaCam Viewer

The app uses your local file system and browser - so nothing to install or upload. Click Choose Files button and select all the mp4 video files within a directory and the app will play the videos from the left, front, and right cameras simultaneously on the screen. Click the speed button to cycle through 1x, 3x or 10x speeds. Will play all the one-minute videos in order by timestamp in the filename.

Let me know any thoughts if this is useful or ideas to make it better. It would be nice if this would just work from the Tesla browser in the car and have access to the files directly mounted from the USB TeslaCam directory.

screen-shot.jpg

This is really great! Thanks much!

I created a web application for viewing my TeslaCam dashboard and Sentry video clips that I would like to share and get feedback. Works on Mac or Windows using Chrome or IE browsers.

TeslaCam Viewer

The app uses your local file system and browser - so nothing to install or upload. Click Choose Files button and select all the mp4 video files within a directory and the app will play the videos from the left, front, and right cameras simultaneously on the screen. Click the speed button to cycle through 1x, 3x or 10x speeds. Will play all the one-minute videos in order by timestamp in the filename.

Let me know any thoughts if this is useful or ideas to make it better. It would be nice if this would just work from the Tesla browser in the car and have access to the files directly mounted from the USB TeslaCam directory.

screen-shot.jpg

TeslaCam Viewer

screen-shot.jpg
Regarding feature requests, I suggest a button to rewind 15 seconds, enabling easy replay when you've been scanning at 10x to find something. This is a super helpful website, nice job.

Reactions: ironwaffle
I suggest a button to rewind 15 seconds, enabling easy replay when you've been scanning at 10x to find something.

I just came across the need to easily rewind a few seconds myself while using the site.

I've been going through a lot of my Sentry Mode saved clips from over the last week. I'm surprised to see how close some cars get when pulling into a parking spot beside me. Saw one where there had to be less of an inch clearance from an SUV's front bumper going along the side of my door. Luckily it didn't make contact. There was no way that driver could see how close he really was. I think I'm going to park further away than I have been.

On the downside, you could easily develop parking paranoia by watching what goofs do around our cars! Kind of like when you park in a spot, then walk out later to find the beater mini-van or construction truck saddled up close.

Last edited:

TeslaCam Viewer

screen-shot.jpg

When I start the app, the black screen comes up, text appears, then the app closes. How can I fix this??