Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Web App for Viewing TeslaCam Videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Digging up an old thread. I can no longer TeslaCam Video Web Player to work in my Edge browser. Clips are black. Does anyone else have it working or is there an alternative viewer for Windows? Of course view individual video files in Win10. But I am looking for a tool to sort through dashcam clips that works like this one used to.
Mine worked on Firefox when I tried it last weekend.

I noticed in Firefox that the Event to Play timestamp is that of the last-modified of event.json file, not the JSON timestamp ISO value within. Playback also starts from the beginning, not X seconds before first event. Also can't use single item combo to set playback time to that value. Playback could also default to using the camera view per the camera value within JSON data, where:

0 = front camera
1 = fisheye camera
2 = narrow camera
3 = left repeater camera
4 = right repeater camera
5 = left B pillar
6 = right B pillar
7 = rear
8 = cabin

Example file content:

JSON:
{
    "timestamp":"2022-09-15T20:02:33",
    "city":"Norwich",
    "est_lat":"5n.nnnnn",
    "est_lon":"1.nnnnn",
    "reason":"sentry_aware_object_detection",
    "camera":"0"
}

Plus if video stamps are named 2022-09-14_08-05-32-front.mp4 (i.e. 32 seconds offset from minute start), then the web viewer has no way of showing the actual clock time without inspecting the files in source directory for timestamp. Ideally the minutely jumps and second offset should be time of day, and the video sourced from files appropriately during playback.

Might also be a good idea to start with latest event timestamp and work backwards, as often it’s what happened recently that matters.

Last edited: