TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Web Browser and Streaming music fixed in 2018.50.6

Discussion in 'Model S' started by quickstrike12, Feb 10, 2019.

1. quickstrike12

quickstrike12 Member

Spoiler alert. Ok the web browser isn’t perfect. But it’s a far sight better than it was, which was useless. I can actually load and surf the net. It’s a little slow as would be expected I guess but it doesn’t lock and just time out as before. I tried several different websites and they all worked for me.
    And my personal favorite fix! The stuttering glitchy skipping streaming music from Slacker is finally back to normal. It’s been driving me nuts for awhile now. It’s all gone with 2018.50.6. This was the as some called it “frame rate drop out” that was listed in another post some time back.

Super happy. And asa bonus, AP seems to be gentler and kinder when people pull into your lane now. It seems to track them when they are halfway into the lane instead of waiting and then hitting brakes.

• Informative x 1
  2. Mike Robinson

Mike Robinson Member

Yes, my web browser was useless before this update. Now, it’s functional, albeit still a bit slow.

3. Ken7

Ken7 Member

Why is that not a more widely released update?

4. shred86

shred86 Member

#4 shred86, Feb 10, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    It seems Tesla is just very slow to release updates to the masses. I’ve been keeping an eye on TeslaFi.com’s firmware tracker and it appears AP2.5 vehicles have priority as most of them are on 2018.50.6. AP2 is sitting around 40% upgraded to 2018.50.6 and AP1/NoAP is sitting around 32%. There’s also a lot more AP2.5 users on TeslaFi.com so that may also be why the numbers look the way they do. I have a 2015 Model S 85D (AP1) and I’m still waiting for the update. My vehicle is connected to WiFi every night as well.

5. kdday

kdday Member

Just curious if you guys are on mcu2? On 50.6 for MCU1, the web browser "works" (barely, after minutes of waiting to load), but yes it loads. From 18.46 through current firmwares the browser never would load.