TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Web Browser has completely stopped responding: any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Argelius, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Argelius

Argelius Member

Although I rarely use it, the web browser has stopped connecting to any web sites.

I can tap on the address bar and do a search or enter a specific URL. However, the blue progress bar stops at about 20% and never progresses any further. This also happens with favorites I have saved.

The rest of the car's 3G functionality (web radio, navigation) works fine.

I tried doing a screen reset a couple of times (holding down both scroll wheels), but that hasn't fixed the issue.

I thought I would ask here before trying to call Tesla. Anyone have any ideas?

2. RainmakerJL

RainmakerJL Member

Dont have one yet but I would just call tesla, its an easy fix and they have probably seen it before. why wait.. looks like you just got the car.. they wont mind...

3. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

I had the same problem last week, however resetting the main screen (holding both scroll wheels) fixed the problem.

4. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

yea, save the adult sites for home. :p

5. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

You can't play video anyway.

6. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

not yet.... ;)

7. WeazL

WeazL Moderator - Hawaii

Had a similar issue. Our local SC advised me to reset the system (just as pgiralt mentioned above). Hold down both scroll wheels in the steering wheel until the screen reboots. No personal or saved data will be lost--it simply reboots the screen software...like restarting your computer. This is safe to do anytime and does not affect the driving computer system.