Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Web Browser stuck in Netflix full screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While reading a Gmail email, I selected a Netflix link about new shows and it launched Netflix inside the Web browser. Now Netflix launches full screen when I select the web Browser and I can NOT browse any other internet sites. I effectively have a Netflix only web browser now! I had previously launched Netflix from Entertainment which I still can. I see the browser briefly before Netflix launches full screen.

Any suggestions to rectify this problem would be greatly appreciated!!

Regards, Ron

Forgot to mention I performed both a soft and hard reboot did not think that would fix it and it didn't.

I had a similar problem, but with YouTube. I ended up going to a spot with slow internet access and opening the browser. Then, I jabbed at the address bar a bunch of times while it tried to load. That allowed me to put in another address and stop the full screen issue from coming back.

I had a similar problem, but with YouTube. I ended up going to a spot with slow internet access and opening the browser. Then, I jabbed at the address bar a bunch of times while it tried to load. That allowed me to put in another address and stop the full screen issue from coming back.

Thanks for the reply! The next time I see a cell state of 4G/3G I will try your trick. There needs to be a way to get out of full screen. Most computers exit full screen via the ESC key or moving the screen pointer to the top of the screen. I wonder if Netflix/Youtube will play while driving if launched via the browser? If they do, I bet this problem would be fixed within days and might even be a forced FW update.

My Model 3 web browser screen opens entirely black without the address bar and only the spinning circle in the middle. I already tried resetting, via Youtube while parked, voice command “open Tesla.com”, on LTE and on Wifi Hotspot. It just stays in the black screen of death without showing the address bar to enter a valid url. Only thing that shows and works is the X in the left top corner that closes the web browser. Opening the web browser again shows it is still stuck on black with spinning circle.

HELP!